37.1

Ch. 37.1 - Demon Simulation Battle (1)
{This is the edited Chapter! All the POV switch issues have been rectified, and I would like to apologise for uploading the chapter without properly giving it a thorough look, thus leaving behind errors. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.}

{Third POV}

No matter what happened between the Crown Prince and Edna, Eisel had to join the club.

Entering the club was an option, but it was almost mandatory for a student like her who was desperate for her grades.

‘Well, what can I say…’ she thought.

Apart from those concerns, scheduled class was approaching. It was also the time for the most important performance evaluation.

“Starting today, we will proceed with the Demon Simulation Battle.”

Eisel had faced Level 1-2 Danger demons before through Dungeon Training, but the goal of the Simulation Battle was to hunt down 'Level 3 Intermediate Demons’ that were difficult to deal with compared to weak demons.

Normally, it was impossible to deal with it alone, so she would team up to figure out the demon’s weakness and take it down with her own method.

That was the goal of the training.

“Conditions are already stated. From now on, you can roam around and choose one Intermediate Demon to attack. Also, you are given enough time to practice against that demon.”

The topography of Stella Dome was changed for the first year cadets' Simulation Battle against the demon.

To the north was a fiery valley; a sea of ice to the south, and in the west lay a barren desert, while a grassy swamp encompassed the east.

Therefore, cadets could choose their desired terrain, and find an Intermediate Demon which matched their fighting style.

Of course, very few teams would actually succeed in attacking. Not only was it Eisel’s first time actually fighting, but the Level 3 Intermediate Demons were harder to deal with than she thought.

“The performance evaluation is in four days. At that time, all you have to do is show off the battle skills you practiced. Any questions?”

“None!” As the students shouted, Lee Hanwol nodded his head.

"Good. Form a team of up to 6 people, and submit your list.”

As always, training was done in a combination of Class A and Class S. Other students were teaming up with close friends or people with matching attributes.

'Ugh, I really hate team play...'

This performance evaluation was important. If Eisel didn’t score well that time, the scholarship money would be gone. And if she didn’t get a scholarship... She might have to go to the academy while working part-time on weekends or vacations.

As the study hours decrease, the amount of scholarship would get further and further away, and at the same time, her achievement in magic would also decrease, resulting in a more and more bleak future.

'I have to work hard.'

That was what she promised to herself.

"Ugh!"

Several female students passed by, hitting Eisel on the shoulder, and then they laughed and giggled.

“Why are you blocking the road like that alone?”

"It's unpleasant, so why don't you step aside?"

“Shit. The traitor’s blood is on her shoulder, and I think it tainted me now.”