chapter 20

CHAPTER 20 – KNIGHTHOOD (2)

After the practice, I had a private meeting with Instructor Lee Hanwol in the 2nd main tower.

The question I heard from him as he handed over the promised product.

‘Why don’t you use other magic?’

For that question, I thought the time had come.

There was no explanation for why Baek Yu-seol did not use magic in the game. The character ‘Flashing Baek Yu-seol’ had little to no backstory and was simply inserted into the Stella Academy as an extra.

But the truth was quite different. Every action I took had no choice but to draw someone’s attention, and I can’t keep making personal excuses.

Therefore, the answer to Lee Hanwol’s question was without even an excuse, ‘I am incapable of using magic. I will have to answer truthfully.

A student entering a magical school who is unable to use magic? Did this make sense?  What kind of repercussions would the ‘wizard who can’t use magic’ have on my schoolwork, career, and social life?

If I am extremely unlucky, I may be expelled from school. I can’t get past it because it was not a game.

However, as I looked confused for a while, Lee Hanwol stopped my answer first.

‘No worries. We also respect your beliefs. …but, you have decided to walk a rather difficult road ahead. Yes, it is admirable, but it is also worrisome.’

…..Yes?’

Before I could even understand what he was talking about, Hanwol said that he understood everything, exhorted me, and sent me out telling me to keep working hard in the future.

I’m not sure, but it was definitely a positive result. In any case, my inability to use magic could cause problems such as expulsion, but since wizard Lee Hanwol acknowledged it anyway, there wouldn’t be any problems for the time being.

Afterward, on the way out, I met Hong Bi-yeon and she handed over the item I had been waiting for.

Magic Sword, Terifon Sword.

“Look at it.”

It was not flashy, but it had an old-fashioned charm hidden in its simplicity. That was the description of Terifon in the game.

It was actually quite lovely. A transparent pearl-like crystal shimmered in bright colours at the tip of the 20cm-long silver rod. The colour was said to change depending on the attributes used.

In my case, I had no attribute, so there was no change even if I hold it still.

“After all, it took the shape of an intangible sword.” It’s difficult to find something like this.”

I was glad for the princess’ help. Even if I used all of my family’s income I had accumulated so far, I could never be able to obtain a magic sword of this level.

Now that I have this, I think I can relax for the next episode.

‘If Fuleim had held this, it would have been very colorful.’

The protagonist, Fuleim was a very special existence. Even though she was a human, she could wield the magic of elves, dwarves, and angels.

A holder of multiple attributes different from Haewon-ryang and Mayu-seong, who will deal with all five attributes in the future.

One of this wand’s characteristics was that it constantly drained the user’s mana. As a result, it was impossible to use unless you were a fairly skilled wizard.