48.2

Ch. 48.2
… No, it was not impossible.

He could predict something like that with his own example.

Even excluding Flash, he had been holding Argento Sword for less than a month, and he could already slash low-level magic.

In the past, there might not have been such fraudulent equipment, but there still could have been Mana Accumulation Retardation.

In other words, it wouldn't be strange even if someone in the past couldn't learn magic, and had trained their physical abilities to the extreme using this constitution.

Not everything was revealed even in games.

Keeping that fact in mind, he asked, "Who is that person? Can I meet them too?"

“No, you can't. They were killed by the twelve disciples of the Progenitor Mage.”

"The Progenitor Mage..."

He was a person who lived in a much older era than he thought.

“I was close to that person.”

"... So?"

“I've seen their swordsmanship a lot. They were excellent. You're just mediocre.”

"I know that too."

Baek Yu-Seol didn’t know what to say.

“I can teach you that person’s breathing technique, their movements. I recorded everything.”

"...... What? Really?"

“In return, there's a condition.”

Indeed, it should be like this.

He didn't expect to learn for free.

But, if what that spirit said was true, and if he could learn it, his growth would undoubtedly change dramatically.

He obtained the opportunity to meet the 'master' that he thought he could never meet.

That was why no matter what proposal would come, he was willing to accept it for now.

“Save me.”

… Except for these absurd proposals.

"How can I save you? Should I perform CPR? Oh, you don't have a heart, so that won't work. Too bad."

“Don't make fun of me, you evil human.”

"What can I do for you then?"

“I can't take a single step away from here, and no one understands me. I'm half dead.”

"So?"

“Heart…. Get me a heart.”

When the expected answer came, he was engulfed in deep disappointment. It was an impossible condition.

Even Leafbane, just before becoming a spirit, had immense power. How could he obtain the heart of another spirit?

"I'm sorry, but that's impossible."

“It doesn't have to be a spirit's heart. Just... a pure heart of a creature…”

"If you use such a heart, you will lose most of your powers, you know?"

Upon hearing that, Leafbane’s voice momentarily softened. ".... It's better than being trapped here forever..."

There was a somewhat bittersweet feeling in her voice.

Forever, alone.

He couldn't even imagine the loneliness she must have felt being stuck here all by herself, so it made him feel heavy-hearted.