62

Ch. 62 - Masquerade of Temptation (1)
Leaving behind the clash between Baek Yu-Seol and the Great Blade Spider, the students finally descended all the stairs.

The Masquerade Banquet was being held on the first floor of the clock tower, so as they reached the bottom of the stairs, they naturally joined the event.

However, just before that, Hong Bi-Yeon stopped.

"... I should tidy up my dress before going. Rags like these don't suit a banquet."

Their appearances were a mess from the repeated intense battles, with everyone wearing dresses.

Hong Bi-Yeon skillfully adjusted their clothes. Torn parts were boldly ripped off, creating a short dress-like effect, and some areas were covered with accessories. It was quite skillful handiwork.

Edna looked at her with a newfound curiosity.

"Was Hong Bi-Yeon like this in the original work?"

Well, she didn’t remember such a scene.

"Something... seems different. Normally, by now, Hong Bi-Yeon would be jealous of Eisel’s strategy and plotting some kind of conspiracy.

But instead of jealousy, she was silently helping Eisel even with her attire.

“Tsk, you look like a beggar.”

"What?"

Of course, she had to interrupt with a comment in the middle of it.

"Well, considering it's gotten to this somewhat decent state, let's go now."

Princess Hong Bi-Yeon took the lead and entered the Masquerade Banquet, with the students following with tense expressions.

"Wow..."

However, as soon as they entered, someone involuntarily exclaimed in awe.

And it was understandable.

It was far more magnificent than one would expect from a gathering held in a simple mansion.

Crystal chandeliers shone brightly in mid-air, masked nobles held each other's hands and danced amidst the radiant ambiance.

At the end, there was a pedestal adorned with beautiful stairs, but no one was standing there yet.

The students quietly hid themselves in the masquerade. Since it was a familiar melody, it wasn't difficult to follow along with the dance.

"This is... the music we heard earlier."

"I'm sure we danced to this before."

The music felt strangely familiar as they listened quietly.

Tang! Tatang!

Immediately after, with a loud sound effect, some of the lights dimmed, and all the spotlights focused on the pedestal in the front.

It became silent.

The bustling nobles all fell into silence, as if they had been waiting for the protagonist's entrance.

In the darkness, a woman walked gracefully under the spotlight.

Tock, tock!

It was likely that she was the final boss of this world, Lady Aeron, the Duchess.

However, the Duchess was not wearing a mask, and the students, facing her, widened their eyes in astonishment.

"Wait. That face..."

"Could it be...?"

Finally, Lady Aeron opened her mouth and uttered words that were truly unbelievable.