31.1

Ch. 31.1 - Attack of the Necromancer(3)

[Episode 4 'Attack of the Necromancer' begins.]

At the same time as the alarm sounded, the eerie presence of mana was scattered in all directions. Right after that, the ground in front of me shook and something jerked!

A hand suddenly barged out from the ground.

It was a skeleton hand.

Next second, a skeleton with a lot of unpleasant mana condensed into it sprang up.

One could feel just by looking at this enormous amount of mana, that it was not an ordinary skeleton, but a 'skeleton general'.

It was a skeleton that had been given the 'command authority' directly from the necromancer, and it was a sub-boss level skeleton, and only three such appeared in this episode.

If I attacked it normally, I would die in a matter of seconds.

Of course, I had no intention of dealing with it normally.

Kad-dack! Knock!

As the Skeleton General popped his head out, I activated the Argento Sword.

It was an iron rule not to touch magical girls and heroes when transforming, and it was also an unwritten rule to watch quietly when a boss level demon was summoned.

What if I ignored the rule sometimes? After all, my life was more important than my pride.

Kuuu!!

The Skeleton General suddenly stretched out its head and both arms. Then, it twisted its head before trying to pull out the lower half of its body.

It was at that moment that I hit its head with the Argento sword.

“Go back in. Go in."

Puck! Puck!

When a particular game starts to linger for a long time, old players start rehashing old content.

It was bound to happen.

After all, Aether World was a 10-year-old game, and it had many old players.

There was a time when content which revealed faster ways to clear the main episodes, and the details of sub-characters was very popular in the community and internet broadcasts.

I was more interested in PVP than that, so I had never raised a sub-character, but thanks to the players struggling to find 'faster and easier routes', I kept a record of the hidden routes and loopholes in all kinds of maps in my archive folder.

Defeating this Skeleton General before being summoned was also a kind of hidden route.

Skeletons that exist within a certain range

The Skeleton General, who could manipulate the skeleton soldiers and had the ability to receive and transmit the skeleton's senses to the Necromancer, was a threat in itself, so hunting them in advance like this would be a great loss for the Necromancer.

Puff...!

After completely cutting off the limbs of the Skeleton General, it was helplessly half-stuck in the ground. I took out and lifted the skeleton, with only its spine and skull remaining.

“Spine blade complete.”

Crackle!

It tried to resist somehow with his remaining teeth, but its struggles were futile.

I had no intention of killing it like this.

It was a strategy that took advantage of the fact that Necromancer had to make contact in order to retrieve the command authority once granted to the general.