52.1

Ch. 52.1
"In the end, it was a failure~"

In response to Grace’s words, Kaen nodded. If emotions were to become so intense, there must have been some signs. However, the sensors that responded to Dark Mana fluctuations remained silent.

"Well, the Psychometry of Manwol Tower isn't perfect either, right? How many times have we drawn blanks! Oh, I thought I was going to die of boredom! Well, the Director seemed to enjoy it, though.”

{TN:- Changed Dawn Tower to Manwol Tower since I don’t think it’s the correct English equivalent. Manwol basically means 1st month based on moon cycles.}

In response to Grace’s words, Kaen nodded silently.

It was enjoyable. As someone who had pursued the path of an alchemy master, he possessed deep knowledge in this field, allowing him to appreciate just how remarkable this woman, Alterisha, truly was.

The mission ended in vain, but the lingering feeling remained.

Kaen couldn't help but continue to observe Alterisha, no matter how far away.

"By the way, that kid who was listed as a co-author; was he a high school student? That little brat, he looked quite cute, didn't he? Right?"

Kaen turned his gaze towards the boy named Baek Yu-Seol. It was impressive that a high school student had contributed to solving a 300-year-old unsolved problem, and as someone who had an interest in alchemy, Kaen became curious, but it wasn't significant enough to pay special attention.

However, what happened next was suspicious.

"Please exclude my name from the article."

Right after the paper presentation, in the chaotic atmosphere of the conference, Baek Yu-Seol stated that he didn't want fame.

As a result, the article would only mention "Alterisha, and an anonymous alchemist."

Of course, it wouldn't be limited to just the article, and eventually, anyone who knew a bit about it would find out.

However, the attention of the public would be solely on Alterisha, and since his identity was not revealed, corporate sponsorship would be solely at her disposal.

Why was that?

Kaen became quite curious about the reason.

"Did you investigate him?"

When he asked Grace, she stared at her palm and replied, "Yeah. I just received a message, and there's nothing special about him. Except for the fact that his hometown was destroyed by Dark Mages right before his enrollment. He’s from a commoner background, and his grades are the lowest. But strangely, he’s in the S-class? I haven't been to the academy, so I don't know, but isn't it extremely difficult to get into that class?"

"... That's true."

"Moreover, he attends the world's most prestigious magic academy but can’t use magic. He’s peculiar in various ways."

The word ‘peculiar’ seemed insufficient to describe that boy.

"But apart from this, there's really nothing special. It was something that 'Max’ mentioned, so it must be accurate, right?"

"Yeah, I got it."

Regardless of his inner thoughts, the Shadowblade Division at the Manwol Tower was not idle enough to care about only one high school student.

While Kaen had such thoughts as he kept his eyes on Baek Yu-Seol, he suddenly turned his head and looked in Baek Yu-Seol’s direction.

...!