chapter 21

CHAPTER 21 – KNIGHTHOOD (3)

In fact, there was a little bit of Berayon’s selfishness mixed in the request for a demonstration of defensive magic.

Rather than bothering Baek Yu-seol, it was a plan to make Morso of the Dorden family, who supported him, shine more.

Morso was currently in class B and had a much lower grade than his classmates in class A. However, if he demonstrated superior magic in a mock battle against an S-Class, his position would certainly improve.

It was likely that he would be promoted to Class A.

“Both of you go up to the podium.”

“Yes.”

Stella Academy encouraged competition between students for the sake of gaining practical experience, under the premise that safety equipment was worn.

At one end of the long, straight class platform, Baek Yu-seol stood proudly.

As soon as he came, Morso stood on the other side.

“Show no mercy! Crush him!”

The boy standing next to Yuslek shouted. It was Raiden who was harshly beaten by Baek Yu-seol during the dungeon practice.

‘Narrow-minded.’

Raiden was grinding his teeth, making it clear that he still couldn’t admit his previous defeat. Morso glanced at Raiden, then grinned as he looked at Baek Yu-seol with a triumphant look on his face.

“Of course. Just you wait.”

He knew that Baek Yu-seol was a difficult opponent. Not only did he play with Raiden and his gang during the dungeon training, but he also won a duel against Hong Bi-yeon after that.

All that, however, was thanks to ‘Blink’. As such, he would be able to defeat Baek Yu-seol in this demonstration, as the attacker and the defender changed on a turn-by-turn basis, rendering blink useless.

‘Let him be publicly humiliated.’

The students approached the podium, gathered around both contenders, and started chatting.

“Will Morso win? Although the demonstration centers on defense, he’s learned powerful earth-based attack magic.”

“I think it will be difficult to resist Morso’s attack…”

“Baek Yu-seol doesn’t even wear a magic shield, so how is he going to block it?”

As Berayon raised his hand, the students’ chatter stopped.

“I don’t know who goes first, get ready.”

Morso and Baek Yu-seol drew their canes and aimed them at each other.

“Initiate.”

As soon as the command was issued, Morso revealed his teeth and smiled, creating a brown magic circle in the air. Some students who saw it widened their eyes.

It was an implicit rule to use low-level 1st class magic because it was a basic magic practice, but he used the Dorden family’s second-class magic, which had strong destructive power!

“Dorden Stone Pierce!”

A brown light flashed from Morso’s cane and stone rose from the floor, gathered in the air until reaching the size of a human’s head, and rushed to Baek Yu-seol.

Even though the training uniform included a first-class magic barrier, the magic Morso conjured was powerful enough to be dangerous for a student who did not know how to use defensive magic properly.