chapter 8

CHAPTER 8 – A FAILURE IN S CLASS (1)
{Read from Hong Bi-Yeon’s PoV}

Tweets. In the cold winter, the chirping of birds from an early morning filled Arcanium.

The Stella Academy’s grounds were vast in the Arkanium, and with all of the necessary elements, students didn’t have to leave the premises for the entire school year.

The school also housed many private spaces for nobles.

A lonely, dark room.

Hong Bi-yeon was sitting on her knees. Hong Yi-el, a natural flame-element professor known as ‘Silver Thorn,’ stood before her, staring at her.

“Three incorrect questions?”

“……..”

After receiving that cold expression, Hong Bi-yeon bowed her head and hung her shiny silver hair, which all female students envied.

There was no excuse. My mother always used to say,’If the problem is wrong, it’s my fault for not reading it properly.’

jjakk!

Slap.

jjakk! jjakk!

Three slaps in a row.

“Lift your head.”

Mother flapped the test paper on Hong Bi-yeon’s face! Some scattered while some flew hard enough to hit her in the face, but neither seemed to care.

“Do it again, until you understand it properly. From beginning to end.”

It was a disgrace.

This placement test was strangely difficult.

Even for the three questions that I was wrong, the correct answer rate was less than 10%, so there was no shame in saying that I was wrong about these difficult questions.

However, it was shameful.

Even the other S class students, who can be said to be my rivals, answered one or two of these questions correctly, but the three students who answered all three questions were very ordinary students who did not have prior study or preparation at a magic academy.

“Even Princess Eisel of the fallen Duchy of Morph got two questions right. If you didn’t get the question right which even those bugs did, it means you’re no better than those bugs. Do you understand? Think of yourself as a bug, and try to solve the problem again.”

“Yes, mother.”

I looked back at the examination paper with blank eyes.

This exam, which tested creativity, reasoning, and thinking ability, was full of questions that my head could not comprehend.

‘Problems made up of unlearned recipes, unlearned spells, and unlearned formulas.’

How the hell am I supposed to solve these?? I just lived according to what I was taught, and I just interpreted what I had learned.

“Is it harsh? It’s all for your good. You, you shouldn’t be like me. If you get kicked out of the kingdom and grow up to the shame of the kingdom like me, who holds a professorship like this, you should never be like this!”

Not everyone could be a professor at Stella Academy despite the shame of the kingdom. It was a school of the best wizards.

However, my mother wanted a higher place than to be Stella’s professor.

Like having the Adolebit kingdom.

It was impossible for Hong Bi-yeon’s mother, Hong Yi-el. Because she lacked talent.