THIRTY TWO

(CHAPTER 32 - IT'S NOT EASY BEING GREEN)

🦢🗡

Somewhere in the woods, Regina was sat on a fallen tree, reading the letter she had found in her vault. Hearing rustling coming from behind her, she pocketed the letter and turned seeing Elias approaching her, "You know, I never thought of you as the type to run to the woods, but I guess I was wrong," He said.

"How'd you find me?" Regina asked.

"Lucky guess," she just looked at him, "Okay, I followed you," Elias admitted as he sat beside her, "How are you holding up?"

"I'm not a flying monkey, if that's what you mean," Regina said.

"So, you gonna tell me what's in that letter you've been staring at?" Elias asked.

"What letter?" Regina asked, trying to avoid the topic.

"The one from the vault, this one," Elias held up the letter and she just looked at him shocked, "I was a thief before becoming Sheriff, remember?" He said.

"You're lucky I'm saving my strength for that witch," Regina said.

"You wouldn't hurt me," Regina raised an eyebrow, "Because I think, deep down you actually wanna talk about what's in the letter," Elias said.

"Maybe you don't know me as well as you think," Regina said.

"I'm starting to think I do," Elias said to her, "So...can I read it?"

Regina looked away from him, "Not stopping you," She said.

Looking down at the letter, Elias unfolded it and began to read it aloud, "Cora, dear. I've finally got my hands on your first born. Never thought I'd find her, did you? Now I know why. She's the most powerful sorceress I've ever encountered. Even more powerful than you," he looked over at Regina, who was staring into the distance, "Stunning in every way."

After folding the paper back up, Elias looked back at her, "Sounds complimentary to me

After folding the paper back up, Elias looked back at her, "Sounds complimentary to me. Why is this troubling you?" He asked.

"I've seen that letter a hundred times before. In my darkest moments I'd go to it for comfort, for solace, for brace when I needed it. Because I...Because I always thought it was about me," Regina told him.

"It's about Zelena," Elias said.

"Rumplestiltskin thinks she's more powerful than I am," Regina said.

"Why do you care what Gold thinks of you?" Elias asked.

Regina looked at him, "Because, if the man who taught me everything I know about magic, thinks she is stronger than I am, then there's no way I can win this fight," She said.

Seeing the downcast look in her eyes, "Remember what you said to me, when I didn't know how to tell Henry about Alana? You told me I wasn't alone, that you would be there. The same thing goes for you, Regina. You may have gone through life alone, but that time of your life is over. You're not alone in this because your friends are here for you. I'm here for you," Elias told her.