TWENTY THREE

(CHAPTER 23 - NEW YORK SERENADE)

🦢🗡

Flashback - One Year Ago

Somewhere in the Enchanted Forest, Prince Phillip rode his horse through the woods, until he came to a gazebo where Aurora was preparing a picnic for them. Aurora heard him approaching and looked up at him, "You're late," She said.

Prince Phillip dismounted his horse and approached her, "I came as quickly as I could," He said.

"I'm hungry and I miss you," Aurora said and they embraced each other, sharing a kiss.

Prince Phillip looked at her stomach, placing a gentle hand on it, "You're always hungry now," He said.

"And cranky. I'm sorry. I know, there are royal responsibilities," Aurora said.

"None that match my responsibilities to you. Our family. I'm the one who should be sorry," Prince Phillip said.

In the distance, thunder and rumbling could be heard as purple clouds rose, "What is that? Is it a storm?" Aurora asked.

Lighting suddenly struck the ground, causing their horse to flee in panic, "That's not a storm, it's magic. Come," Prince Phillip took hold of her hand, "We need to get you to safety, now," they turn to run, but with one final rumble the purple clouds disappeared, "Are you alright?" He asked her.

"Yeah, I think so. What was that?" Aurora asked.

"I don't know," Prince Phillip said.

The both turned around, coming face-to-face with the group of former Storybrooke residents, which included; Snow White, the Charming Siblings, the Evil Queen, Helena, Maverick, Alana, Captain Hook, Red Riding Hood, Granny, Belle and the Dwarves.

"Snow? What happened?" Aurora asked, shocked.

"We're back," Snow White said.

End of Flashback

New York...

Elias walked down the street, until coming to a nice restaurant and entering it. He walked up to the kiosk and the hostess looked at him, "Reservation for Swan," He said.

The Hostess smiled slightly, "Right this way, sir," She said and led him to a table.

Elias sat down, making himself comfortable and soon a woman walked up to him, "Sorry I'm late," She said.

Elias smiled softly, "Ryleigh, hey," he stood up, pulling her chair out and she sat down, "I just got here to be honest," He said as he sat back in his seat.

"I do love an honest man," Ryleigh smiled, "So, since you were technically late, does that mean you caught the guy?" She questioned.

"So optimistic, I like it," Elias said.

"If you hadn't, you'd have cancelled," Ryleigh said.

"You know me too well," Elias said.

"Elias Swan always gets the job done," Ryleigh said.