SIX

(CHAPTER 6 - QUITE A COMMON FAIRY)

🦢🗡

Flashback

In the Dark Palace, Regina sat at her vanity, writing a letter, when Tinkerbell flew in through the balcony window, "Are you ready?" She asked.

Regina looked at her, "You've got it?" She asked.

"And then some. Let's get started," she grew into her larger size, landing on her feet, "Helping you find your happiness, saving you, that's what's gonna to save me," Tinkerbell said.

"This isn't your pixie dust, is it?" Regina asked, standing up.

"Oh, when you think about it, does anyone really own pixie dust?" Tinkerbell questioned.

"The fairies are quite proprietary about it. They find out you stole it, they would..." Regina said.

"Don't worry about me, this is about you," Tinkerbell threw pixie dust onto Regina, causing a greenish glow to surround her, "Come on," she walked to a nearby mirror and Regina followed her, "Now, watch," Tinkerbell said, before blowing pixie dust onto the mirror and a green cloud appeared in the mirror.

"What's it doing?" Regina asked.

"Giving you a clue of what to look for," she turned to the Queen, "This mirror will show the beginning of your happiness. All the pain in your past will be just that, the past," Tinkerbell said.

Regina turned away slightly, "I just need a moment," She said.

"You're nervous, I get it," Tinkerbell turned back to the mirror, "But look!" she watched as the green smoke cleared, revealing an image of a lion tattoo, "That's it," Regina turned to the mirror, taking a closer look at the image, "That lion tattoo, that's what you have to look for," Tinkerbell said.

"That?" Regina said, doubtfully.

"Pixie dust doesn't lie," she turned to the Queen, "Come on, this is your chance of love and happiness. A fresh start, no baggage. You can let go of all the anger that weighs you down," Tinkerbell said.

Regina closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, "Okay," she nodded, opening her eyes, "Okay, I can do this. I can be happy," Regina said.

Tinkerbell smiled, "I know you can," She said before flying off, out of the palace.

Regina stared at the image of the lion tattoo for a moment, but with overwhelming fear, she grabbed a blanket and threw it over the mirror.

End of Flashback

Neverland...

Regina was sat alone on a fallen log where Elias had left her, when she heard rustling and stood up, "Let's get this over with, shall we?" She said.

Tinkerbell emerged from the trees, "A complicated history," Regina turned to her, "That's quite a diplomatic way of describing it," Tinkerbell said.

"You look terrible," Regina said.

"You're trying to provoke me?" Tinkerbell questioned.

"Come on and get me, Tinkerbell," Regina said.