SEVENTEEN

(CHAPTER 17 - SAVE HENRY)

🦢🗡

Flashback

The day the Dark Curse was cast by the Evil Queen, Grumpy was atop the royal castle, where he rang the bell, warning everyone of the approaching curse, "The curse! It's here!" He shouted out.

As the black smoke of the curse spread over the land, the Evil Queen's carriage rode on the path through the forest with the curse racing behind her.

----------<3----------

Inside the dungeons, Rumplestiltskin was in his cell, when he stood and gripped the bars, "I'm waiting!"  the Queen soon materialized outside the cell in a thick, dark smoke, facing away from him, "What took you so long?" Rumplestiltskin asked.

The Evil Queen turned to him, "You know what took so long," She said.

"Oh, yes, the curse. You did it," Rumplestiltskin said.

"That's right, I did it," she smirked, "And I wanted you to know it before you, like all the other pathetic denizens of this wretched land, forgets everything," The Evil Queen said.

"How did it feel?" Rumplestiltskin asked.

"Watching the curse cloud form? Felt like victory," The Evil Queen said.

Rumplestiltskin giggled, "How did you feel to kill the you love most? Ripping the heart out of your father? How did that feel?" He asked.

"It was the price of the curse, how it felt doesn't matter. He would have understood. I took my life back. I had to. I won," The Evil Queen said.

"And yet, here you are, feeling the need to gloat. Something's missing, isn't it, dearie?" Rumplestiltskin questioned.

"Not at all. I have everything I want. Nothing can stop me now," The Evil Queen said.

Rumplestiltskin giggled hysterically, "Not quite," He said.

"What does that mean?" The Evil Queen asked.

"The Saviors, the children of Snow White and Prince Charming," the Evil Queen scoffed, "They can stop you, they can break the curse," Rumplestiltskin said.

"Well, looks like getting rid of two babies made my to-do list," The Evil Queen said.

"Of course it did, but even if you succeed with that, you have an even bigger problem. Now there's a hole in your heart and someday you will come to me to fill it," Rumplestiltskin told her.

"You underestimate your powers of foresight," The Evil Queen said and turned, beginning to walk away.

"And you underestimate the price of what you've done! You shall see! You will come to me! There is more you need!" Rumplestiltskin said.

The Evil Queen turned to him, angrily, "Your taunts will get you nowhere! I know you too well. You want to make another deal. Well, I won't," She said.