TWENTY TWO

(CHAPTER 22 - GOING HOME)

🦢🗡

On the streets of Storybrooke, everyone was gathered around as Elias shook Regina, attempting to wake her.

The same young voice that had called out to Regina before, spoke to her, yet again, "Wake up," her eyelids moved, as if she were starting to come to, "Wake up."

Eventually, the sound of the voice, transformed into Elias' voice, calling out to her, "Wake up, Regina!" he shook her more, "Regina!"

Regina's eyes finally fluttered open and her eyes landed on the eldest twin, "Elias," She said.

"What happened?" Elias helped her up, steading her, "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm fine," Regina said in a pensive, distracted tone and the eldest twin narrowed his eyes, almost studying her face.

"What is it? What happened when you touched it?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I saw what needed to be done," Regina said.

"Regina, what's going on?" Elias asked, knowing she was withholding something.

"Mom, are you going to be okay?" Henry asked.

Regina placed a gentle hand under Henry's chin, "The important thing is you will be," She said and he grabbed her hand in reassurance.

Before she could respond, the scroll suddenly disappeared from Regina's palm, "No, he won't," They heard from behind them and they all turned, seeing Pan walking closer with the scroll in hand.

As everyone backed away from Pan, Regina wrapped her arms around Henry as Elias placed a hand around both of them, protectively, while Athena held onto Maverick tightly.

"He has the-," Captain Hook began to say, but was cut off when Pan placed everyone under an immobilization spell, freezing them all in place.

"Curse?" Pan held up the scroll and smirked, "That I do," He said.

----------<3----------

Inside the pawnshop, Mr Gold pulled up his sleeve to unveil his cuffed wrist, completely. He looked at the sword for a moment, contemplating what to do, until eventually using it to cut off his hand, freeing himself from the bracelet.

----------<3----------

On Main Street, Pan stood before the immobilized group, "Look at you all, a captive audience. I could play with you like a pack of dolls, couldn't I? I think I'll start with these two," he stalked over to Belle and Alana, "Hmm, you both look so adorable. Hard to tell who to kill first," he shifted his gaze between both of them, before he looks directly at Alana, "No, it isn't. You," he points to her, "You first," Pan said.

From behind, Mr Gold clamped a hand on Pan's left shoulder, tugging him away from Belle and Alana, "Stay away from them," He said.

"How about this? The worm has teeth," Pan smirked, mockingly, "You're here to protect your loved ones," He said.

"I'm not gonna let you touch either one of them," Mr Gold said.

"Oh, I'd like to see that," Pan said.

"Oh, you will. Because I have a job to finish, and I have to do whatever it takes. No loopholes. And what needs to be done has a price. A price I'm finally willing to pay," Mr Gold looked at his daughter, "I used the curse to find you, Ser, to tell you I made a mistake. To make sure you had a chance at happiness," Pan openly laughed at his words, "And that happiness is possible, just not with me. I accept that," Mr Gold said and Alana's eyes glassed over, unable to say anything due to the spell.