ELEVEN

(CHAPTER 11 - ARIEL)

🦢🗡

Flashback

Somewhere in the forest, Snow White ran from two of the Evil Queen's guards, "Hurry! After her! Stop!" A guard yelled.

Snow White continued to run, until she came to a cliffside and stopped, "Uhh! Oh, really?!" She said.

The guards approached her from behind, "You're a long way from home, Snow White," she turned to them, "Did you really think you could hide from the Queen here?"A guard asked.

"Actually, yes," Snow White said.

The two guards both unsheathed their swords, "Well, don't worry. We're here to take you back. The Queen is eager to see you again," A guard said.

"Not gonna happen," Snow White said and moved the edge of the cliff.

"No, no, no! Wait!" A guard yelled as they ran towards the edge of the cliff to get her, but she jumped off before they can catch her and they watch as Snow White plummeted into the water below with a splash.

Under the water, drowning, a pair of arms grab her and brought her to the surface of the water. When she's pulled to the surface, she gasps for air and turned around to face her savior, seeing a red-haired woman, "Thank you," Snow White said.

"No problem. You might wanna try diving in calmer waters next time," She told her.

The princess looked down into the water, noticing the tail attached to the woman's body, "You're a..." Snow White said, slightly shocked.

"Yeah, I'm a mermaid," she smiled, "Name's Ariel," The woman told her.

End of Flashback

In the camp, Elias and Emma were both crouched in front of two small unlit fires as Regina and Nadia stood behind them, "Focus, concentrate," Regina said.

"It's kind of hard when you're talking in our ears," Elias said.

"And when the wind blows or it's raining, or...someone's shooting arrows at you," Regina said.

"Yes, concentration's hard, that's the point. Find your anger and use it to focus," Nadia shrugged, "It's how I always managed to kill so many of Regina's guards in the enchanted forest," She said.

"No. There has to be a way without going dark," Emma said.

"You're such a pathetic waste of ability," Regina said.

Emma stood up and turned to her, "And you're a monster," She said, angrily.

Regina sniffed the air, "Smell that?" She said.

"What?" Emma asked.

"Smoke," Regina said and Emma looked at her fire, seeing the smoke rising from it.

Nadia looked at Elias, who was staring into his smoke filled fire, "What made you angry?" She asked.

"Probably Regina," Elias said.

"You're welcome," Regina said.

"Didn't say thank you," Elias said as he stood up and Regina just glared at the back of his head, making a strangling gesture with her hands.