THIRTY EIGHT

(CHAPTER 38 - A CURIOUS THING)

🦢🗡

Flashback - One Year Ago

Just south of the Dark Castle, Snow White, Prince Charming, Athena, Maverick and the Evil Queen trekked through the forest, in search of Glinda.

Spotting a flower, Prince Charming stopped and picked it, before turning to his wife and giving it to her, "For luck."

Smiling, Snow White took the flower and they both turn to the others, only to find the three of them already staring at them, "What?" She asked.

"We're at the edge of the Dark Forest, trying to find the one person who can stop our imminent doom and save your unborn child. And you two stop to smell the roses?" The Evil Queen questioned.

"Snowbells," Snow White replied with a smile.

"I don't care if they are dancing daffodils. I need to destroy my sister, and so do you," The Evil Queen said, annoyedly and walked ahead with the others following closely behind, "And if that babbling mad man sent us on a wild goose chase, I swear I'll-," just ahead of them, a decorative, wooden door stood in the path, "What's that supposed to be?"

"Looks like a door to me," Maverick said and the Queen just looked at him, unimpressed by his wittiness.

Prince Charming carefully approached the door and opened it, enabling them to see the path continue beyond it, "Through the door step inside," Snow White said, remembering what Rumplestiltskin had told them and they all looked at her, "If pure of heart, then she won't hide," She continued, "It's Rumple's riddle. It's Glinda."

As the group watched, Snow White walked through the door, vanishing from sight, "Snow!" Prince Charming said and followed after her, also vanishing.

Athena followed after her brother, successfully passing through into the other dimension and Maverick looked at the Queen, "Your turn."

The Evil Queen scoffed, "A portal with a cheap cloaking spell," She said and stepped through the door, only to step foot onto the path beyond the door.

"Did it work?" Maverick asked.

The Evil Queen turned and looked at him though the doorframe, "Does it look like it worked?" She questioned and the blonde just shrugged slightly, "Just walk through it. We both know you'll be able to."

Maverick stepped through the door, only to see that it wouldn't allow him to pass through into the other dimension, "Uh...hang on," He said, before walking around the door and stepping back through, only to get the same result, "Wait, one more-,"

The Evil Queen stopped him, "No, we don't have time for this," the blonde looked at her, "I guess not everyone in the Charming family is so pure," She said and walked ahead of the young boy.

Maverick glanced back at the door and scoffed, "Stupid door," He commented and slammed the door shut, before turning back in the direction the Queen walked in, "Hey, wait up!"

----------<3----------

Inside Glinda's pocket dimension, the trio walked looked around at the wintery world before them, "I thought she was supposed to be the Good Witch of the South," Prince Charming commented.