TWENTY NINE

(CHAPTER 29 - QUIET MINDS)

🦢🗡

Elias walked up the pathway of the diner, where everyone was gathered and Granny peered through the blinds, before opening the door for him, "If you want privacy, talk fast," She said, closing the door behind him, "We open in twenty and no one gets between Leroy and his bacon."

"No one gets between Leroy and anything," Elias commented.

"Is there any sign of our quarry?" Captain Hook asked.

"We went all over that farmhouse and the land around it, nothing," Emma said.

"Well, now that the sun's up, we should hit every place Gold might go. His house, shop, his cabin," David said.

Elias pulled out one of the barstools, sitting down, "'Cause dead men love vacation homes."

"Smartass," Regina commented from beside him.

"Thanks for recognizing my intelligence," Regina rolled her eyes at his remark, "Anyways, can someone explain to me how this is even possible? We all saw Gold, he-," Elias began.

"Disappeared into nothingness, we know," Mary Margaret said.

"I might have an inkling," they looked at the pirate, "When we went back to the Enchanted Forest, Alana was talking about the possibility of getting her father back," Captain Hook said.

"What? How?" David asked.

"She didn't know how. She just...she missed her family. She was desperate to find a way to return to this world, and she believed that bringing her father back was the key," Nadia told them.

"Well, if that was her plan, then obviously something went wrong. Because, while Gold might be alive and kicking, Alana is...she is..." Regina placed a gentle hand on the eldest twin's arm and he inhaled deeply, "We don't know what she is. We don't even know, if she made it back to Storybrooke. No one's seen her since this curse," Elias said.

"She's out there somewhere," Athena said, being the only one to notice the closeness of Elias and Regina.

"With all due respect, we have bigger issues right now, than who brought Gold back. The fact that he was in the Wicked Witch's basement for one. I wanna know what the hell she was cooking up with him," Regina said.

"Well, the best way to find that out, would be to ask Gold, right?" Mary Margaret questioned.

"He tells who the witch is, maybe how to track her down," Emma said.

"Sounds like a fine plan, except for one small detail. We don't know where he is," Nadia said.

"I'm gonna head back to that farmhouse," Elias looked at Regina, "It's possible this witch left behind some trace of potion or special ingredient," She said.

"I'll join you," Athena said and Captain Hook looked at her, but she ignored him.

"Try about it, just be careful," Elias said.

"Well, she's the one who needs to be careful. She invaded my space. When I return the favor, I'm not pulling any punches," Regina said and finally removed her hand from his arm, before walking to the door with Athena.

----------<3----------

Meanwhile, Zelena stood somewhere in the woods, holding the Dark One's dagger, "I summon the Dark One," nothing happened and she frowned, before calling out to him again, "Rumplestiltskin!" she let out a frustrated sigh, "It's not working. The Dark One's broken free and he knows far too much," a flying monkey soon approached the witch and she turned to it, "Find him, beautiful one. Find him, now." Shrieking, the monkey spread its wings and flew off into the sky.