Up, down, left, right - he maneuvered his sword without any foundational style or technique.

It was not a joke.

The whole concept of "swordsmanship" was built on the assumption of clashing blades, so there was no meaning for him to learn it.

He would hardly ever engage in sword fights like other swordsmen. What he truly needed to learn was how to confront magic attacks with the weapon called as sword.

Unfortunately, there was no master who could teach him such swordsmanship in that world.

While most characters would meet a master and learn something enlightening later on, he had to train on his own.

It was a daunting task.

He still didn’t know what suited the advantage of Flash the best. In the game, he could simply teleport and thrust or slash his sword, but reality was different.

He remembered the time when he faced a necromancer before. When his attack missed and he accidentally stabbed the non-vital spot, the necromancer counterattacked, leaving him with a significant wound.

At that moment, he thought...

"Anyway, there's only one thing I need to master."

Simple thrusting and slashing that precisely pierce the enemy's vital spots.

At that time, he would constantly swing the sword to handle it faster and more accurately.

When he swung the sword under this pressure, the effect would surely be better. It was like wearing weighted clothes and training, similar in principle to what you see in movies or comics.

Since Baek Yu-Seol didn’t know the proper training techniques, he just imitated what he had seen on TV.

And then, suddenly, it felt like a hole was punctured in his lungs.

"Cough... Gulp!"

As mana explosively surged from his heart, a strange message appeared:

[Obtained a portion of a special mana breathing technique.]

[Acquired skill: "Breath of the Spirits."]

The world turned yellow and began spinning around.

Feeling heavy, it became difficult to maintain his balance. Sensations all over his body became overly heightened, leading to a rising sensation of nausea, and even his ears felt clogged.

The world started to feel distant.

"Ugh...!"

Baek Yu-Seol’s legs kept losing strength. If he were to fall like this, he might not be able to withstand the pressure and suffocate.

Therefore, he made an effort to safely sit on the ground, grasping onto anything.

Suddenly, a voice echoed. "Hey, what are you doing right now? Can't you hear my voice? Do you hear it? You're ignoring it? I wish you would."

"Ah! What the...? You scared me!"

Once again, the world returned to normal. Nausea disappeared in an instant, and his breathing, which had become difficult due to being dazed for a long time, returned to normal.

"Gasp, pant..."

A distant voice whispered in my ear.

That was undoubtedly the unmistakable voice of a ghost.

It was the voice he constantly heard from the horror drama he watched when he was young (Legend of the Hometown).

"Uh? Did you hear my voice just now?"