|11|

A U R O R A

I've never taken the train before. I mean, a train from London from Manchester? It was a four hour ride.

I've been going here for about a month, maybe a little more and I was really missing home.

Dad stopped calling as often, Eugene only texted me a 'hi' since I've been gone. But Victoria calls me every weekend.

So, I decided I'd go and spend the weekend back home and be back on Sunday night.

"Are you sure you know all the directions?" Bruna asks for the thousandth time.

"I wrote it down on a piece of paper and my notes. I've even got it memorised, I think ill be okay." I say.

"Are you a hundred percent sure? Because you have to take a few different trains and the tracks are different-"

"I'll see you on Sunday, Bru!" I say, running out of the door, pulling my suitcase along with me.

As I'm walking down the street towards the exit gate, Milo stops me. "Hey, where are you going?"

"Now, why do you care?" I ask.

"I was only asking, god." He mumbles. "So?"

"Manchester. I'm going back home for the weekend."

"Oh."

"Dont miss me too much, okay? Bye." I say.

"In your dreams." He scoffs. I smile, shaking my head and getting a taxi.

After two trains, one bus and crying, im finally back home. I can't believe this but I'm not doing this again. This was absolutely horrible. I thought Bruna was being dramatic but it was so bad.

I was lost, late and dying. But that aside, I'm here. I knock on the door and the door swings open, revealing Eugene.

"Oh, Rory. Hi." He nods. "What are you doing here?"

"Im back home for the weekend." I smile. "Where's dad and Veronica?"

"I don't know." He shrugs. "Come in."

I walk in and close the door behind me. "So, how are you?"

"Fine." He shrugs. "You?"

"Im good. School's hard but im good." I say. "Dad told me you got made quarterback. Thats great."

"Yeah, its nothing. Thanks, though." He nods. "Do you need help with that?"

"No, its fine." I say. "You're heading out?"

"Yeah. I'll see you at dinner." He says and he's out the door. I sigh and head up to my room, sitting on the bed.

A little while later, i hear the door open so I head back downstairs and grin at my father. "Hi, dad."

"RoRo!" He exclaims. "You didn't tell me you were coming."

"Yeah, well, thats what a surprise is, dad." I say.

"You could've told me, I would've picked you up. How was your journey here?"