|04|

M I L O

"Man up, Milo." My father snaps.

I blink. "She's my mother. I'm allowed to go see her."

"No, you're not. You are in my custody."

"I know you are but she's still my fucking mom." I snap. "Get that through your skull, im tired of explaining this to you."

"How can you still want to see her? After everything she's done to you?" My father says.

I stay quiet, swallowing. "Fuck you, dad. You're not any better than her."

With that, I hang up the phone and throw it on the ground. My door swings open and Xavier looks at my now broken phone.

"What now? Wait, no, let me guess. Your dad?"

"Yeah."

"What'd he say?" He asks, sitting on the couch.

"I want to go to see my mother in Enfield." I mumble. "Hes not letting me."

Xavier frowns. "Maybe he's right."

"Seriously? You're on his side now?"

"Its been six whole month since I've seen her. I have to see her again. I don't even know if she's okay, if she's even alive."

Xavier sighs. "You know what happened last time you went."

"It won't happen again. She apologised."

"She also did that the other hundred times you went to visit her. We can't keep doing this over and over again, Milo. You keep making the same mistakes."

"It won't happen again."

Xavier runs a hand down his face. "No, it is going to happen and you know it."

"Since when did you start being a bitch?"

"Since I realised how stupid you are. I can't keep telling you which choices are right and wrong. I'm not your father."

"I never asked you to be my father. I can make my own choices." I say, standing up. "How can you hold that against me when i never asked you to?"

"Because I can't keep seeing you get hurt all the time." He snaps. "You can't make decisions for your own sake."

"Just fuck off, Xavier." I say, pushing him out of the room.

"If you're going to go, Milo, just know you're making a mistake, again." He says, walking out of my room.

I look at my phone and sigh. This is my second phone this year and its only January.

☆☆☆

"What are you doing with her?" I ask as Louis approaches our table, walking away from a smiling Rora.

Louis frowns. "Since when do you care?"

"I don't, im just asking because I know her."