|18|

A U  R O R A

Three whole damn months. Milo has completely ghosted me for three months.

Now, usually, that's something Milo would pull, because, well, its Milo but not to me. I may sound too self absorbed but I know Milo wouldn't ghost me just because he felt like it.

I tried talking to him. At first, all I got was a 'hi' back but then his texts got dryer by the second. Next thing I know, he quit answering and just left me in delivered. I texted twice until I realised I'm not going to make a fool of myself when he doesn't even care enough to type back two letters. So, I've moved on.

But today's the first day back of the second semester. Summer is over and its back to the same routine.

I got back yesterday and moved back in my dorm. I didn't want to run into the jackass so I stayed in all day.

But now, im all dressed in my uniform, finishing up my breakfast. I throw my plate away and head to my first class of the day.

English. The same class I first met Milo in. But this time, I sit away from the table I usually sit in.

Once im sat, the teacher arrives and shortly after, Milo walks in. He stops and scans the room. I put my head down and continue with my work. He sits down at his table in the row far away from me.

I don't even glance at him. As soon as the bell rings, I'm off to my next class which isn't with him, thankfully.

Then before I know it, lunch is here. I grab my food and sit down at my usual table with Bruna and Willow.

"Hey, Rory. Good to see you. I just wanted to tell you to go easy on him." Xavier says.

"Give me one reason why I should."

"Because he's not okay right now, okay? You're allowed to be mad just go easy on him."

Before I could even ask what happened, he's gone. I eat half of my food and let Bru and Wills know im going to the library for the rest of lunch.

I sit down at grab my book. I barely get to finish the first page when Milo sits down.

For the first time in three months, I take a good look at him. His hair is messier than usual, his eyes are darker and heavier, bags under his eyes.

"Hi." He mumbles, scratching the back of his head.

"Hey." I mumble. "Can I help you?"

He ignores whatever I said. "What's that book about?"

"Its about friends and being mature and not running away and things you don't really know about."

He clenches his jaw. "Okay, im sorry, alright?"

"Good for you."

"There's no way you're going to be past this, is there?"

"Oh, you got something right!"

"I don't know what I can do, Rora."

"Well, nothing because im done with you. Not unless you have a valid reason but no, im done with you."

"Seriously?"

"I cared for you, Milo. You weren't just   a random guy for me, you were my friend. You ghosting me without a word hurt me, okay? So, im sorry if that bothers you."