|06|

TW‼️

M I L O

You know, maybe Xavier was right. Maybe I should've stayed home. Maybe I should've never even thought about coming to see her.

Maybe dad was right.

But we're not going to get into that, not until I truly regret it myself. Its kind of too late to back out anyway.

I'm standing infront of the house i grew up in. The house which ruined my life but holds so many good memories. The neighbourhood which first got me fucked up in the first place.

It was still the same. Just like six months ago.

The neighbourhood was still disgusting. There was still old houses which desperately needed to be cleaned up, including mom's. The walls were still gray and spray painting was still on the walls, except there was more of them.

The road was still old and cracked. And most of all, the same type of kid i used to be was still here.

I watch a group of kids. 13 year olds, walking down the street with torn clothes laughing, high off their minds with each sharing bottles of alcohols and weed.

This was exactly what I was like.

Making fun of rich people, stealing, going into the houses of people who were way older than me just for weed. Get chased by the police, never be home, always skipping school.

My father really changed and he changed me along in the process.

I sigh and open the door. As soon as I'm in, the smell hits me. Alcohol.

I shut the door close and look around. Old, dusty, mold everywhere. The ground had broken floors, the TV was smashed. The couch was torn with bottles of beer. The paint from the walls and ceiling was falling. The light was flickering and the window was smashed.

The kitchen was filled with dishes in the sink, the fridge was empty, cabinet doors broken. The hallway towards the rooms and bathrooms was dusty.

And the bathroom had a broken toilet, a shower with the curtains on the ground, a dirty sink and a cabinet filled with pills. I head into my bedroom, thinking to see it as it used to but instead there was two naked men on my bed.

I freeze. Two. And my mother was nowhere to be seen.

I back away and into my mother's room, finding no one, just a broken bed. I head  back to the living room and the doors slide open and my mother walks in with a cigarette.

"Milo." She says.

"Mama."

"Oh, honey." She smiles. "You're back."

"I am." I frown, looking at her appearance. She was thin and bones. Her hair was still brushed back, her clothes were old but clean but her face? Dark eyebags, wrinkles.

"What- how are you?"

"Im okay. Sit, sit. You want a drink? I have....nothing. Except for beer."

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay." She says, sitting down. "What are you doing here?"