F I F T Y T H R E E

Start from the beginning

"No I'm too scared" I shake my head, this is really happening, I'm really getting married.

"Ivy come on" She groans, I can hear her stepping back from behind me.

I slowly open my eyes and I've never felt so.. so surprised. It's my wedding day, I'm in my wedding dress, one of three by the way. You know how I get.

My hair is done, My makeup is done, I feel like a princess, not even a princess, a queen at that.

(this is just what the dress looks like, not Ivy)

I have about two more dresses to change into but I wanted to go simple with the walk-out dress.

I didn't realize how long Iv been staring at myself until I heard a knock on the door.

"Iv" I hear Alex's father's voice from behind it and I walk to the door slowly opening it.

"Are you ready?" He asks slowly getting quieter pausing to admire.

"You look beautiful Ivy" He smiles gently, and I can only smile in response, If I speak I'll burst out into tears.

As I exit, I can already hear and feel all the people in the place.

The ceremony begins with soft violins in the background, my mother walks down with her lil boo and Alex's mother walks down on her own.

First, our bridesmaids and groomsmen walk down together, and the final ones walking out are Kimani and Sasha since they're the maid of honor and Best man.

Finally, Alex walks out but I don't peek my head out to see him because I want to be surprised. I have seen how the ceremony area looks but the reception venue, is where the real party is happening and that's what took up all my time.

The flower girl, being me and Kimanis daughters ride out on a little carriage being pushed by my aunt with the two rings sitting on a pillow between the both of them.

Finally, once they meet their point they're picked up and given to both me and Kimani's mom, once I hear the violins stop I know it's my turn.

I look at Alex's father and he just nods at me in reassurance.

Knowing what happened between my father and me, Alex's dad asked if he could walk me down the aisle and I couldn't help but say yes.

A L E X
I timidly wait for Ivy to walk down the aisle, my stomach in knots and my heart thumping.

I just feel Sasha pat my back in reassurance but nothing can assure me in this moment.

Finally, I hear the door open and I watch as She walks out, hand in hand with my father's hand, and I'm not sure what snaps in me but I immediately feel tears start to fall out of my eyes.