F I V E

^the look ivy is serving.

A L E X

"Alex I knew this wasn't a good idea" Ivy groans looking at her thighs.

"We can just stop at the Cvs for concealer" I offer.

"I put concealer on and it rubbed off" I don't think anyone is gonna be staring at her thighs though.

"I'm also wearing white" No really? I don't see the white there at all.

"Yeah, I know Casper" She doesn't laugh though she just gets out of the car.

It's some brunch place, it's not bad I don't think, however, I don't think it's better than Bennys.

"Your ass looks good Iv" I yell as she walks in front of me.

"Thank you all the work I do during sex is to thank" She jokes. She does not do all the work.

"Lies" I squint.

"Truth, last night I literally d-" But she stops short when she sees everyone.

Her mom, dad, Ingrid, and Isaiah. Then there's Kimani, and Sasha but what's even worse is my father, Andrew, and my mother sitting with them.

"Did they tell you that they were invit-" I start but she cuts me off.

"No, how do they even know your parents?" I'm so confused.

However, nothing is as worse than the feeling I get when I see Sarah walk out of the restaurant and join them.

Ivy looks back at me with wide eyes and I just take a deep breath and continue to walk.

"Ivy hi" My mom immediately stands up and Ivy's mom glances at her but she thinks nobody witnesses it.

"Hi Mrs.Jones" Ivy smiles, she's acting like she isn't annoyed.

"I'm sorry if I overstepped my boundaries by coming here, Derrick received an email from a Malia that she was inviting us to a brunch and I didn't want to not go to be rude but I wasn't sure if-" Here my mom is rambling, she's always so cautious and hates to overstep her boundaries. I remember Ivy showing me the two-page email she sent Ivy after that horrible dinner basically just apologizing.

"It's fine trust me" It's not.

Why do adults still email?

"Are you su-" But Ivy's mom is cutting them off.

"Hi Ivy" She smiles at her and Ivy keeps the fake smile.

"Hi mom," She says before sitting down.

(the seating arrangements)

"How was post-win night?" Andrew asks Ivy.

"Fun, Alex's birthday was yesterday so we celebrated" We sure did.