F O R T Y F O U R

A L E X

"Soleil Marie Jones and Apollo Navel Jones" I smile.

"We are not giving him the middle name Navel" Ivy yells at me.

"I don't think apple would want his middle name to be Marie" I hold him in my arms.

We can't decide on Apollo, Artemis, or Atlas for our baby but I just call him apple for a nickname. It's because his head was all mushy and he looked like one when he came out.

I liked the greek names and Ivy liked them too but we just can't decide on what.

I did cry for a good hour or five which wasn't my fault. I'm just so proud of her. Yeah, she screamed and cried but she still pushed two humans out of her vagina.

"I like Atlas" She shrugs.

"What about Kahlil Atlas Jones" I offer.

"Where'd you get Kahlil from?" She furrows her brows.

"You put it on the list, it fits" I shrug and she squints.

"Kinda yeah" She shrugs.

Between sleeping and eating that's all Ivy has been doing the past two days at the hospital and I'm not mad about it she deserves to rest.

On the third day, we leave and I continue to urge Ivy to stay in bed all day and just let me cater to her. We're not home but Massachusetts will have to do.

"Alex, can you hand me Soleil's blanket please?" She asks while breastfeeding her.

I give it to her while coming to sit on the bed. She's seemingly in a great mood and that's a first.

She's been not necessarily sad but not happy either, yeah the first couple of hours she was smiling but I honestly don't even think that she's slept for longer than 3 hours daily and she barely likes to get out of bed to eat unless it's to take care of the twins.

I'm obviously worried but I do know what postpartum depression is, I read about it but I'm not sure if that's what it is or if she's just not feeling well physically.

Maybe it can be baby blues because it seems a little early and I don't think it's that severe yet.

"How are you feeling mama" That's been my new nickname for her ever since she's had the babies.

"Fine" She mumbles while rubbing her finger over Soleils hair.

"She has your eyes" Ivy looks up at me.

"I know, my hazel eyes are just so mesmerizing" I smile at her and she laughs slightly.

"Are you gonna play tomorrow?" She asks while getting ready to let Soleil sleep again.

"No, why would I?" I cross my arms.

"Well, you could if you want to. I understand how important football is to you and I wouldn't wan-" But I cut her off with a kiss on her lips.

"Nothing is more important than my family Ivy" She stares at me for a couple of seconds before her lips curl up into a smile.

"You think we're a family?" She furrows her brows trying to conceal

"Yeah Iv, me, you, Soleil, Kalil, Kimani, Sasha, and Bella. We're a big family and you're my amazing beautiful hot and sexy wife" I kiss her lips again.

"Stop it you're gonna make me wanna get on my knees and suck your dick" She jokes.

"If you're offering I won't say no" I play along but she just pushes me away.