F I F T Y T H R E E

Start from the beginning

"But I also think you should speak to her, she's gone most of the day, the wedding is taking away from the quality, and most couples realize they don't want to get married a week before the wedding" he adds.

"Yeah, but I've been letting her do her own thing because it's her vision, I want her to be happy" All I ever want is for her to be happy.

Just before Sasha can respond to what I have to say Ivy is walking in with bags on top of bags, followed by Kimani with even more bags.

Sasha and I immediately get up to help them, once the bags are sat on the floor I can't help but look at Ivy, and admire her beauty.

"Iv-" Just as she goes to speak she's cut off by Sasha.

"We need to have a conversation, as a family" She refers to our little group as a family, which only just warms my heart even more.

"What happened?" Kimani furrows her brows.

"You two, Ivy especially have been on a whole other planet and just left us behind" He speaks up and Ivy immediately looks at me.

"Do you feel this way or does Alex?" She immediately asks.

"No I feel that way too, Alex maybe just more so than me" Of course he threw me under the bus, he's still Ivy's little bitch.

She immediately looks at me confused, I'm not sure why she's confused though, she has been on another planet.

"Look Iv, the past four weeks we've done nothing but argue or not speak, and once the arguing stopped you just started disappearing, I don't see you anymore and I know that you want this wedding to be perfect but it can still be perfect if you take a step back as well, I miss my fiancée" I try to keep it as short and simple as possible.

"I'm sorry Alex, I really am, but you know with the arguing and stuff like that I just started going to solo missions with the wedding stuff because we can never agree on things and I didn't know that it made you feel some type of way." She speaks up.

"That's fine, you can go on all the solo missions in the world but I barely see you and it's starting to feel like our wedding stole my fiancée, it's supposed to be bringing us closer not farther" I rebuttal.

"I understand, and I apologize" Is all she says before getting up and hugging me.

As our relationship matured apologizing and talking out problems became easier and easier, maybe it's because we have support from the parent relationship Sasha and Ki, or maybe because we're just growing in general.

I V Y

For the next week, I decided to take a break from planning my own wedding, I left it up to the planner and tried my best to destress.

Ki and I went to the spa, and Alex and I went on a lot more dates, but just as I got comfortable with what was going on I got slapped in the face with our wedding.

It went from 6 months away to 90 days, to 60, to a week, and now today's the day. I am marrying Alex.

I didn't even figure out if I'm going to be a Davis or a Jones, maybe it should be hyphenated.

Ivanna Marie Davis-Jones or Ivanna Marie Jones-Davis.

I feel like maybe I should just fully take on Jones, as much as I want to keep my Individuality I like Jones a lot.

Maybe I'll- but my thoughts are interrupted by a voice.

"Open your eyes now" My tailor speaks, she's been fitting my dress for the past 10 minutes, perfecting it since I'm about to walk out in 5 minutes.