chapter 1 : oh, a gallagher

Start from the beginning

"Gallagher-" Her mom simply said as if she didn't know her daughter's best friend for years. "I don't know about that boy, I don't need my daughter to be a pregnant slut"

A simple hum had come out of her mouth walking towards the clock and acting as if she was looking at the time. "We should get going, is Emmy ready?"

"I got her dressed, if that's what you are asking" Lucy hummed in answer going over and walking out of Y/n's room which she had closed the door to walk and follow her mother down the steps and into the living room and to the kitchen which was small but.

The house nestled in the heart of the South Side was a humble abode, bearing the quintessential charm of a typical family small home. The kitchen, although modest in size, exuded a warm and rustic ambience, where the echoes of countless family meals lingered in the air.

Separated from the kitchen by a door frame, the living room shared the same rustic aesthetic, providing a seamless transition from one space to the other. Within the living room's cosy confines, the timeworn furnishings and weathered decor added to the overall sense of nostalgia and homely comfort.

Walking into the kitchen, Emmy ran down the steps and to the living room at full speed. Turning away from her child, Lucy went out on the makeshift balcony that led to the empty backyard.

"We're going to the Gallaghers so grab something here to eat" Y/n instructed her little sister, as Emmy furrowed her eyebrows and went into the fridge to get milk for the cereal.

"Why doesn't mom cook?"

"Ask her" Y/n smiled sarcastically; putting toast inside of the toaster. "I'm pretty sure, Kevin is going to pick you up from school- Dad is working overtime and Mom is going to a party" Emmy nodded going to sit at the counter to eat her breakfast.

There was a knock at the door causing Y/n to furrow her eyebrows grab her toast to put it in her mouth and rush over to the front door. Opening it up revealed a taller and stronger built man, with brown hair. "Kev?"

"I'm heading that way anyways, to the albi- so I've decided to take Emmy"

"Emmy!" Y/n shouted turning around and letting Kevin into the house.

V and Kev were almost the best couple Y/n could ever be able to think of- Because of the fact they also lived next door, and Kevin watched and helped her dad in recovery many times they were almost like parents she didn't get.

"I thought you said-"

"I lied my bad" Y/n turned to her little sister patting her on the back as Kevin and Emmy went out the door.

Y/n grabbed her bookbag and stuff before rushing out the door knowing she was about to be late for school. "Need a ride!?" Lip shouted from across the street on some little girl's bike, he had a stupid smile on his mouth.

"Depends- stolen?"

"YEP!" He smiled as Y/n rushed over to him getting on the back of the bike and wrapping her arms around him tightly since the sidewalks and streets were all frozen down from the snow that was around them. "Don't let go it gets wild"

School didn't take long, even though it felt so long. There was something so interesting to Y/n about being at school even though she wasn't really learning anything since someone today got tackled for bringing a gun to the school; meaning they were let out early.

Lip had to go over to Karen's house to tutor her for a little, with Y/n going to his house since she would rather be there than deal with whatever her mother and father were doing at the time; not giving them the energy.