three

act four, chapter three
can i have this dance

° ˖ ˖ °

"I recognize that I was wrong about the whole 'we are only featured background, we won't even get the chance to interact with Mack' thing." Andrea says as she joins her friends side. "But that doesn't discredit anything else I said that night."

"I know." Ricky says as they turn the corner. "Trust me. Your words haunt my dreams."

"As they should." Andrea gives her him a knowing look. "I believe in your relationship, Ricky. The two of you have been through too much to get rocky now because of Mack Alana."

"You're right. It's stupid." Ricky says as he and Andrea walk into the practice room.

"Gather around, Wildcats. Since High School Musical 3 should have been tightened up in editing, for pacing, we'll need to jump right into our table read. Even if we are short our leading lady." Miss Jenn says as everyone moves to their assigned seats before turning to Emmy. "What's the word on the bird?"

"A source on the crew says that Gina's in hair and makeup, prepping for the big Ms. Darbus scene."

"Who's your source?"

"Oh, Carlos, I can't reveal my sources." Emmy says as Andrea grabs a muffin from the container the freshman was holding.

"A seasoned professional, she is." Andrea chuckles, winking at the younger girl.

"I was prepared for this when I agreed to share Gina with the movie, and we will make this work."

Andrea takes her seat on the other side of Ashlyn, "Okay, but can we just talk about how insane it is that the real Ms. Darbus is gonna be walking these halls again? The halls where I once played Ms. Darbus, and where, today, Miss Jenn takes over the role."

"You guys. Let's not get too excited. I am still a member of Actors' Equity, and while I am willing to scab for this role, it means nobody can report me to the union!"

"Yes, Mother."

"Just checking, did everyone receive the draft recordings of the choreo for Now or Never and Can I Have This Dance? Reprise and original." Andrea pulls out her script and pencil.

"Yup. They look great, Andy." Miss Jenn says as the rest of the group give her a group nod.

"They're just references, bound to change. For the bigger ensemble numbers, i'll send videos later, but those are subject to change drastically when I get my hands on all of you."

"A seasoned professional." Emmy compliments the girl, using the same phrase as before.

"Sorry! I'm here! I'm here." Kourtney says as she rushes into the room.

"Come in!"

"I was up late, working on 11 versions of my college essay. If a living legend like Dani can be fired after one day, nobody's future is safe, y'all."

"You're already working on college applications? Wait, when are college deadlines?"

"Well, early admission is at Halloween," Elana stands up from her spot in the back if the room, "and the rest are soon."