one

act three, chapter one
honeycomb

° ˖ ˖ °

"Andy! Aiden!" The cousins hear someone call out their names as they step out of the car. "Over here!"

"Let us unload first!" Andrea yells back to Carlos, chuckling softly as she moves go the trunk of the rental car to grab her things from the car and handing Aiden's off to him. "Who let me pack so many things?"

"I told you to pack light, but you didn't want to listen."
Aiden says, tossing the strap of his duffel on his shoulder, "You insisted that it was necessary to pack a carry-on full of first aid supplies."

"Better safe than sorry."

"That isn't safe, it's excessive." Aiden gives the girl a pointed look, making her roll her eyes. "Oh, theater kids incoming."

"Hey, rich kids. Nice of you to finally show up."

"Sorry if I prefer flying to California for this camp rather than being stuck in a car with you guys, trying my best not to throw up because I get car sick super easily." Andrea says, slamming the trunk door close as she gives Carlos a pointed look. "It was for the best."

"Whatever, i'm just glad you're here after Elana had to cancel because she got accepting into some art summer program at one of the colleges she's looking at." Carlos pouts, making Andrea offer him a pity smile.

"Yeah, well, she told me to look after you so here I am."

"And here I thought you came with us this summer because you love the wilderness." EJ slips in place beside the girl, grabbing two of her bags and slinging it around his shoulders.

"I love taking Remy out into the wilderness." Andrea corrects the boy, "And if you haven't noticed, Remy is no where in sight."

"I'm sure we can find you a bear to tame, they have about the same temperament issues."

"Don't you dare disrespect my dog like that again, Zhang." Andrea glares her cousin down as he wraps an arm around his girlfriend's shoulders. "Anyways, let's go. I want first dibs on bunks."

"This way." EJ and Aiden lead the group to the camp site, chatting and joking around on the way. "Camp Shallow Lake, y'all. My second home."

"Don't you have a second home?" Gina asks, linking her arm with Andrea's as they chuckle to themselves.

"No, my second second-home." EJ winks at Andrea, making her roll her eyes before he continues to lead the group, "Come on. Seriously, I came to this camp an athlete and became an athlete-actor. You come to Shallow Lake one way and you just become something else. It happens to everyone, though."

"Yeah, I came in good at swimming and left even better." Aiden says, teasing EJ's outlook on how life changing the camp is. "This place has me convinced that i'm a merman."

"Ha, ha. Very funny." EJ says, sarcastically, "I'm just saying, you might find out something new about your self here."

"Wow. And I thought this was a vacation."

"Are those Wildcats I see?" A new person calls out to the group as she approaches them, "What's up, Rocket Man? Meathead?"

"How you doing, Gadget?" "Hey, Gadge." The two boys says simultaneously, making the group behind them trade confused looks.