act one

act one. HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
" the start of something new "

 HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL" the start of something new "

° ˖ ˖ °

To Salt Lake City, Utah, the Townsend family is local royalty. Coming from a mixture of old and new money, many believe that success is written in their DNA.

The monarch of the household, Li Hua Townsend, is a successful business woman with investments in trade all over the country while the patriarch, Charles Townsend, has a lucrative career in real estate. They took Salt Lake by storm when they first moved in, immediately donating to renovate recreation centers and fix the crumbling roads as well as becoming benefactors for the local high school to make sure that their children would get the education they deserve.

Unfortunately, all the money and success in the world couldn't keep this family together. Multiple affairs and one secret family later, Charles had left the family merely a few years after Li Hua had took in her late sister's son.

That didn't stop the family from continuing their legacy of success,

Their eldest daughter, Annalise, excelled in her English and History classes as well as the many extracurriculars her mother had her join. It was in those clubs that she found her gift for public speaking and arguing, which she likes to pass for debates and casual discussions. It gave her mother such pride when she made the decision to study law at Harvard her Senior year.

The middle child, Amelie, was very similar to her sister, though she excelled more in Science and Math than anything else. She had always known she wanted to go into the medical field so it was a surprise to no one when she came to her mom about her decision to study pre-med at Stanford, preferring to stay on the West coast unlike her sister.

The youngest of the three sisters, Andrea, was a little different from her sisters. She took all the same extracurriculars, got the same grades, and looked at the same college brochures as her sisters, yet it just felt wrong to even consider taking the same route as them. Her mother, on the other hand, had it all figured out.

From birth, Li Hua knew that her youngest daughter was also meant to go into the medical field. She had a dream about it the day before she went into labor. It was a premonition. So, she did everything in her power to make that future possible for the girl.

But Andrea didn't want that. That wasn't her passion. But she couldn't tell her mom what she really wanted, not when its the one thing Li Hua hated most in the world. Performing arts. More specifically, dance.

What will happen when Andrea and her cousin are blackmailed into joining the school musical? Will she find the confidence to finally confront her mom about her future or will she crumble under the pressure of it all and break?