eight

act two,   chapter eight
going north

° ˖ ˖ °

LEO
when can i see you again?

ANDREA
i've been really busy lately
only a few weeks til opening night
plus i wasn't able to make it to the super important weekend practices for drama club since i was at the state championships for volleyball so i have a lot to catch up on

LEO
i forgot that you are in like
a million different clubs

ANDREA
what can i say?
the townsend family has a reputation for
taking on more than they can handle

LEO
well, the ramos family loves to go
on dates with random girls they find
dancing in their studio on christmas day

ANDREA
a date, you say?
hate to break it to you, but you
never asked me on a date, ramos

LEO
then maybe i should

"Andy, there you are!"

"Hey, Ash. What's going on?" Andrea asks her friend, turning around to greet her to see more of the drama club members approaching her too. "Woah, what's with the angry faces? Did something happen?"

"North High stole our Beast costume."

"What? When? How?" Andrea says, shutting her locker a bit too hard as it echoed throughout the hall. "Kourtney and Lana spent hours on that thing."

"And Lani's not taking it to well." Aiden says, giving the girl a knowing look.

"What's Miss Jenn going to do about it?"

"Nothing, she said not to dance with the enemy when she should have them all hog-tied by now." Kourtney says, full of rage.

"Then, what do you guys have planned?"

"We only have one available car and we need another one to fit all of us."

Andrea pulls out Aiden's car keys from her bag, which she had because she was planning on running some errands in it while he was at practice. "Guess we are going on a little road trip."

° ˖ ˖ °

"The plan is simple. Based on that Instagram post, the mask has to be in their costume shop. We know from their Instagram overshares that North High has dance rehearsal today, so they'll be in their dance studio."

"They have their own dance studio?"

"That would've been nice to have." Andrea mutters to herself, catching the attention of EJ as he chuckles softly beside her.

"We're raiding their costumes and not leaving until we have our mask."

"Isn't this kind of trespassing?"

"Not if we don't get caught." Aiden quickly adds, making everyone look at him weirdly.

"He's right, it'll be fine. There'll be people still here after school for clubs. We'll blend in." Carlos looks over at the younger Caswell. "Though, Ashlyn, you may have taken the camouflage thing too far."