six

act three,   chapter six
mama's here

° ˖ ˖ °

"It's my time to shine, baby." Andrea cheers as the rest of the girls in the yurt let out a groan, "Enough of this drama, i'm ready to get down and dirty."

"Andy, you know that this is Color War and not Military Boot Camp, right? There's no getting down or getting dirty." Kourtney glances around the room, "Right?"

"All i'm saying is that none of you theater kids stand a chance against me and my incredible athleticism. I could run laps around the entire camp site right now if I wanted to."

"Okay, who gave Andrea an energy drink?"

"I think she is just using today as a way to let out her frustrations through sports," Ashlyn whispers to Kourtney, "So, like what she does at school."

"Hey, Andy. Do you want to talk about what went down between you and EJ yesterday? It was intense."

"I'm good. Thanks though." Andrea is quick to say as she starts stretching her limbs. "That's a tomorrow problem, today i'm all about the sports."

"Okay, girl. Do what you got to do." Kourtney says, trying her best to be supportive of her friend. "Just as long as we are in the same team because I cannot be losing when i'm looking this good."

"Yay! Let's go, gir—" Andrea opens the front door of the yurt, only to walk straight into EJ chest.

"Oh." Kourtney cringes at the awkward moment.

"EJ, wha-what are you doing here?" Andrea takes a step back, avoiding the boy's eyes.

"Can we talk?" EJ says softly, he uses the tip of his finger to raise the girl's chin til she finally met his pleading eyes, "Please."

"Sure." Andrea flushes, glancing over shoulder for a moment, "I'll see you guys at the amphitheater."

"Good luck." Ashlyn calls after the girl as the couple leaves the yurt.

"Look, i'm sorry about before." Andrea was the first to speak up, taking EJ by surprise. "I shouldn't have done that in front of everybody. I didn't mean to. It just—I was holding onto it all day and I couldn't take it anymore, plus the whole vibe...Anyways, i'm sorry. That was something that should've been dealt with privately."

"You have nothing to apologize for, sunshine. I deserved all of that. I really did." EJ stops the girl behind the tree, giving them a bit a privacy from the other campers. "I was wrong to keep that from you, I know that. I knew it then too. I just don't know what i'm going to do without you. It's like, whenever I imagine myself in the future, the one consistent thing that I see is you." EJ's words cause Andrea's stomach to twist with mixed emotions. Emotions that she couldn't comprehend. Emotions that had been stirring quietly inside of her for quite some time now. "I'm really sorry and I promise not to keep anything else from you. You deserve better than that."

"And?"

"And I promise not to lie to you." EJ smiles down at the girl, gently cupping her cheeks in his hands, "Now, can I finally kiss you? I was miserable yesterday after Carlos said to not act like a couple."