Chapter 27: The Next Right Thing

While the Maelstrom started to rage on, Anna ran through the Enchanted Forest after regaining her resolve to continue on after Olaf had flurried away due to Elsa's death. No matter what, she was going to do the next right thing. She ran for a while, going to where she was the Earth Giants sleeping in the stream when she was in the ice boat with Olaf.

Breaking through the tree line, she saw one of the giants sleeping against the cliff side of the stream. Its hand resting on its stomach while snoring.

"Wake up!" Anna yelled at the sleeping giant, who continued to snore instead. "Wake up!"

The Earth Giant before her started to move its head having been awoken from its peaceful slumber. The giant soon shifted to stand up, towering over the princess. It then started forwards, but hit another giant that was on its back, sleeping as well. The giant on its back shoved the one that walked into it, making the giant slam against the cliff side. It then noticed Anna standing there, .

"That's it," She interjected. "Come and get me! Come on!"

Anna started to run back into the forest, with the giant's hand just missing her as it hit the ground.

The giants stood, towering over the trees of the forest. One of the three of them then roared out, clearing the trees as they bent, leaving Anna in the open.

"Over here!" She called, soon hitting the ground due to the force of the roar. "That's right. Keep coming."

Anna continued to run after getting back up, with the giants throwing large boulders at her. One of them hit the ground before she, making her shield her face before looking at it.

"That will work," She said to herself before speaking to the giants. "This way, guys!"

While Anna continued her running Kristoff, who was riding Sven, noticed the giants while they were in the forest. Lieutenant Mattias and his men were on a rock hill closer to the dam and saw the approaching Earth Giants.

"What?" Mattias asked before he looked back at the dam. "No, no, no, no. She's leading them to the dam."

The giants were right behind Anna as she continued to run. She stumbled when one of their feet hit the ground right behind her. The other giant's foot was about to stomp on top of her, but Kristoff who charged over to her on Sven picked her up and the foot hit the ground.

"Kristoff!"

"I'm here," He told her. "What do you need?"

"To get to the dam."

"You got it."

"Thank you," Anna added while Sven carried them while running.

The giants threw trees torn from the ground at them. The reindeer was able to bob, wave, and leap to avoid being hit and continued his charge while the giants continued to pursue them. It did not take them long to arrive at the cliff side, with Sven getting up as far as he could. 

"Come on. Come on," Kristoff encouraged the reindeer while they moved.

Sven could not climb up the cliff, but Anna was able to just barely reach the top, but needed a little help to pull herself up.

"Help me up!" She told Kristoff, would pushed her up the rest of the way.

"We'll meet you around!" Kristoff explained to Anna right as she pulled herself up and onto the top of the rock formation.

Anna grunted and dusted herself off from the light moss that covered the cliff side and stood up. She gasped upon seeing Mattias and his men standing between her and the dam with their shields and swords.