Chapter 17: Anna's Birthday

The sun shone over the Kingdom of Arendelle. It had been a few weeks after what had become known as the Great Thaw, which was the end of Elsa's winter and the return of summer to the land.

Since then, the Kingdom had returned to how it once was many years before with the gates open. Trade and economics blossoming for the Kingdom along with the others that had agreements arranged. Visitors from all over traveled to the Kingdom as well. The lives of the people in the Kingdom returned to how they once were as well. Now that summer is back in full swing with a very moderate summer thus far.

The state of the Kingdom was not the only thing that was blossoming. The relationship between Y/N and Elsa, and that of Anna and Kirstoff were growing as strong as ever. Each couple had gone on a few dates and even a couple double dates in that time. Y/N and Elsa however had been able to spend a lot of more time together, since Y/N was her guard and Kirstoff had to continue with his ice business. Olaf and Sven were also up to their usual antics as well.

For the past few weeks Y/N, Elsa, Kirstoff, Sven, and Olaf had been busy planning a surprise Birthday party for Anna since it would be the first one in such a long time that Elsa would be there on her day.

Elsa was currently in the courtyard of the castle, trying to figure out what kind of centerpiece to have on her ice cream cake that would be made out of ice.

"Okay, here we go," Elsa said to herself as she made a small sculpture of Anna.

"So lonely," Elsa figured as she waved her hand to change it to be the the two sisters and Y/N on the night of Elsa's Coronation, when they stood in front of the crowd at the party.

"Stiff," Elsa added before waving her hand again, changing the ice to be when Anna froze to ice when protecting Elsa, with Y/N in front of them. This made the Queen gasp.

"I can't do that!" Elsa continued and quickly waved her hand once more, making the ice show them skiing together.

"Come on, Elsa, this is for Anna. You can do this," Elsa spoke.

"Anna's going to love it, no matter what the topper is," Y/N told her after setting the last table before going over to the stressed out Queen. He had to force her to go to sleep the past few days because she was so focused on creating the perfect party and day for Anna.

"He's right you know," Kirstoff called to them as he was working on the banner with Sven, with the reindeer holding various buckets of paint with his antlers.

"I just want it to be perfect," Elsa explained as she continued to look at the topper, unsure if it was just right.

"It is perfect," Y/N reassured her.

"Speaking of perfect," Kirstoff called to them while on the top of a ladder. "Check this out."

The banner for the Birthday Party was hung and read 'Happy Birthday Anna,' with the letters being in red, blue, green, yellow, and purple. The paint work was a little slopped, but felt right to Y/N for Anna's taste.

Elsa was not sure. "Y/N, are you sure-"

"Everything will be just fine Elsa," Y/N told her as he pointed to Kirstoff and then his cheek to let him know he had a bit of paint on his. "You really need to relax, all of this stress isn't good for you're health."

"I don't want anything to happen to this courtyard," She added before checking that a vase on one of the tables was perfectly centered as she sniffled. She then moved to another table.

"What could happen? It's all set," Kirstoff added.

Y/N saw Olaf had moved a chair to the table where the cake was as he stood on top of it. The snowman then stood on the chair and was reaching for the cake with his flurry overhead of him.