Chapter 10: Letting Some Secrets Go

The three had returned from the fjord's edge to the courtyard to Arendelle castle. The people were confused and scared that it was now snowing in the middle of the summer. Y/N knew what Elsa was doing, how could he not. After being the best friend of someone for years, they start to pick up on how the other person thinks. Elsa was not going to come back to Arendelle out of fear of hurting them more.

He could hear Anna and Hans talking about the situation, but was not talking to them. He was partially angry at Anna for continuing to push Elsa, even when they both told her to stop.

"Y/N?" Anna asked him. "Did you know about this?"

Before he could answer, they came across the Duke of Weasletown. "The Queen has cursed this land! She must be stopped! You have to go after her," He told his guards as he then noticed Y/N and then stood behind one of the guards and pointed to the Queen's guard. "And arrest that man! He is in cahoots with the Queen. You saw his sorcery!"

"That's funny, Duke of Weasletown," Y/N started.

"Weselton!" The Duke corrected.

"Same thing," Y/N shrugged as he bent down to the older man's eye level. "You forget that you are in Arendelle. You have no power here to order anyone to go after any of the people here, especially the Queen of them all. I'm feeling generous, so I'll let your 'monster' claim-"

"She nearly killed me!" The Duke protested.

"You slipped on ice," Hans told him.

"Her ice," The Duke added.

"It was an accident," Anna chimed in.

"You ordering your men to go after here scared her," Y/N continued as he was putting the fear of god into the Duke as he made lightning appear in the palm of his hand. "I'm going to let this little 'misunderstanding' go. I will not be so generous next time."

"Are you threatening me, Y/N?" The Duke spat as Y/N made the lightning disappear.

"Lieutenant Y/N, to you, Duke," Y/N finished and stood back up as the Duke stayed behind his guards.

"She didn't mean it. She didn't mean any of this. Tonight was my fault," Anna stated. "I pushed her."

"So you realize that?" Y/N told her.

"Come on, now," Hans said as he put a hand onto Y/N's shoulder. "Is now the time for that? We're all on the same side that something needs to be done to stop this winter."

Y/N shoved his hand off of him. "Perhaps not, but guess what? I don't trust you."

"That's fair," Hans stated. "You just met me and you're protecting the Princess. I get it, but I will earn your trust, Lieutenant."

Y/N could tell that Hans was still hiding something. He could tell this man was planning something.

"No Hans, I do deserve it. I should have known better. So, I'm the one that needs to go after her," Anna decided.

"What?" Y/N and Hans asked.

"Bring me my horse, please," Anna called to a guard as she started to walk forwards.

"Anna," Y/N said as he took out his compass and looked at the dial as it pointed North from his position.