Chapter 13: Frozen Hearts

The group of five had turned around the corner of the cliff, since Olaf found a set of stairs leading to where they needed to go. The stairs were made of ice and led to a castle made from ice as well. Pillars supported the structure as the ice shone as the sun's light fell across it. Walking closer, the group could see that snowflakes were across the ice, making a pattern, and making it more elegant that it already was.

"Now, that's ice," Kirstoff said as Olaf was already walking on the stairs. "I might cry."

"Go ahead. I won't judge," Anna stated as she looked at the ice castle before continuing forwards with Y/N walking behind her.

"I always knew she could make things of such beauty, but wow," Y/N commented as he held onto one of the railings of the stairs as they climbed them.

Sven tried to climb the stairs, but fell down on the stairs due to the slippery nature of the frozen ice. He then tried to get back up, but was struggling.

"All right, take it easy, boy. Come here," Kirstoff said to the reindeer as he went over to help him back down. "I got you. Okay. You stay right here, buddy."

Sven then sat down as Kirstoff then started to walk up the stairs as well. "Flawless."

Y/N, Anna, and Olaf were standing at the main door to the ice castle. Anna held her hand up to knock, but the stopped as she though of what would make this time different than any of the other many times she has knocked upon her door.

"Knock... Just knock," Olaf told her as he then side-eyed Kirstoff before looking at Anna again. "Why isn't she knocking?"

Olaf then leaned to Y/N, who knew what she was feeling at the moment. She was unsure of herself if anything would be different. "Do you think she knows how to knock?"

Anna turned to Y/N as he nodded his head to her. She smiled back and then knocked on the door with the same pattern from when she used to try when they were younger.

It only took a few knocks as the doors then opened inward, making Anna gasp. "Huh. It opened. That's a first," She commented as she realized something and then turned to Kirstoff. "Oh. You should probably wait out here."

"What?" Kirstoff asked.

"The last time I introduced her to a guy, she froze everything," Ana explained to him.

"Bu, but... Oh, come on!" Kirstoff whined as Olaf moved to stand next to Y/N and Anna. "It's a palace made of ice. Ice is my life!"

"Bye, Kirstoff," Olaf said as he turned to start going inside of the castle.

"You should wait too, Olaf," Y/N informed him and pulled his twig arm to pull the snowman back.

"Me?" He asked.

"Just give us a minute," Anna explained as she keeled down to him before standing up as the two then started to go inside.

"Okay," Olaf replied as he then started to count to sixty for a minute to be up. "One, two."

Kirstoff sat down on the ice as Olaf joined him. "Three..." The snowman continued as Kirstoff then joined him as well. "Four..."

Y/N and Anna had walked into the castle as the doors closed behind them. They saw that everything in the castle was made from the same elegant ice as the exterior was as well. There was a winding staircase that led to a second floor along with a fountain in the middle of the room. However, it was way too quiet.

"Elsa?" Y/N called out.

"It's us, Anna and Y/N," Anna then called out as well as she almost slipped on the ice as Y/N helped her regain her footing.