Chapter 30: New Start

I opened my eyes slowly and blinked multiple times.I can still feel the sting caused by something hard that had hit on the back of my head. I looked around the room but it still seemed to be spinning. I couldn't do anything but to close my eyes tightly and open it again. I realized I was tied to a chair and in a white room that was almost empty but me. This room is quite large for one person.

"Am I going to be tortured or what?" I asked myself.

In front of me, there's a huge rectangle plain glass where I could see scientists working on their own experiments. One chemical caught my eyes, it's the emerald looking chemical that I had seen on the Ravenswood- in Dr. Sinclair's abandoned laboratory.

The scientist are wearing laboratory coats, white shirts and black pants. They are also wearing chemical safety goggles, neoprene gloves. Some of them are holding a beaker with different chemicals inside it and some are looking at the microscopes and graduated cylinders.

One scientist noticed me and called his companion. I think he is telling him to went inside this room. Are they going to examine me?

"Hi." The scientist greeted as soon as he opened the door. I just looked at him and raised my eyebrows.

"Why am I here?" I asked while still looking and raising my eyebrows at him.

He didn't answer my question. As he moved towards me, I noticed his name tag on his laboratory coats.
PhD Ryan Homes, hmm okay? He removed his mask and goggles and shook his head. Why tf is he doing this in front of me?

"Trying to impress a woman?" I asked him irritatedly and he chuckled instead of answering my question. Such a weirdo.

"I'm Dr. Ryan Homes. A chemist." He introduced and smiled at me.

"Sorry, I'm not interested." I said calmly and looked away.

"How was your sleep?" He questioned. Why do this scientist have a lot of questions at me?

"Good if I just woke up in my room." I said that it made him rolled his eyes.

He went out of the room and locked it. I looked on the window, they seemed to do something. Wait, wasn't it a sulfur dioxide? He just oxidised it to sulfur trioxide using oxygen in the presence of a vanadium oxide catalyst- was he trying to make sulfuric acid? What is he going to do about that?

I held my laughter after I witness what just happened. The chemicals that he is trying to combine just explode and turn into black smoke. As the smoke disappeared, he was left staring at the chemicals and looks like he bathed black paint.

I look on the ceiling of the room where I am. White paint and one light bulb. I heard a loud crash that almost made my soul left. It seemed to come from the front of the room I was in.

"Where's Lianne, Alviana and others?" My heart pounds' fast when I remembered my companion. If I am here, where are they?

A scientist came out of the room where the loud crash came from, it was a girl and she looks young. Maybe she's new? She was accompanied by an old woman; an old scientist. What happened inside the room and who was in there?

I am not in the laboratory but what do they call this room? A human stock room? A pending human room? An empty human stock room or what?

I remember the knife in my shoe but I was not able to reach it since I am tied up tightly. What are they planning to do with me? What are they trying to achieve? They look so serious while they are studying their experiment?

Some are finished and they are listing something on a piece of paper, maybe it's their datas. But I couldn't help to think about my companions. Are they safe right now? My mind is full of questions that I knew I couldn't answer it by myself.

Someone opened the door, it was PhD Ryan Homes. He took off his gloves and mask. He gave me a serious look and a psychotic smile. I raised my eyebrows and smiled back at him. I am not afraid of such actions especially if there is no weapon that indicates of he intends to kill me.

"Brave enough." He embarrassly laughed of my response on his actions.

"What do you expect me to act?" I asked him but he just looked at me and ignored my question. I have a bad feeling that he is going to commit a crime he didn't want.

"So, tell me why are you here?" I asked him to make him look.

"Maybe it's because I'm working here." He philosophize.

"Are you forced or what?" I made my question clear to him.

"Just what I told you, I'm working here." I was not convinced of what he just said. I can hear his deep sigh and look at me angrily.

"Chill." I calmly said and looked out of the window. I noticed that he is holding a thick small board on his hand. I think he is asked to check me out or something wasn't like that?

"If I can tell." His words made me curious what he wanted to tell me but couldn't do.