Chapter 25: Mysterious Approach

"I think I heard something." Lianne said.

Maybe she's hallucinating about something. I took the guns that lie next to me and gave them to the girls for their protection. While we were waiting for them to come out, I prepared myself.

"Shh. We have to be quiet." I whispered. I felt Lianne's presence next to me.

How are they right now? I am glad that half of my classmates were safe. We have no news about the Zarin and Michael's teams. I hope that they are safe right now.

I wonder if Michael escaped from Hannibal but it's impossible. I hope after these struggles we will be having peaceful minds together with our loved ones.

How about Iviana's death? Who knew her? I don't know why I am so interested in her and also why those ghosts or should I say haunter ghosts or whatever didn't kill me whenever they appear in front of me.

"Maybe it was just your hallucinations, Lianne. I am going to sleep just wake me up if you need something." Alviana said and put her gun on the ground. I can feel Alviana's disappearance next to me.

"Perhaps." Lianne replied and sighed.

"Maybe it is because I am thinking about something or just traumas." She added. I put my guns down on the ground and laid my head on the stone.

"It's okay." I replied to her in order-for her not to feel bad about what she did.

"Hey, do you think we can get out of this hell?" I asked them and they just hummed as a response.

We're not familiar with this forest and it's nearly impossible for us to get out unless someone is going to help us. I remembered the time when Zarin called the police and I don't know if they had arrived or not or maybe they are tracking the number.

I would rather go to school everyday than being stranded in the forest for days. I wonder what would happen next. I also don't know if we can go on our graduation but I hope we can.

I heard footsteps, it seems that they were approaching or entering the cave. Relax, Y/n, you're just thinking too much. I slapped my face after I shook it but I can still hear the footsteps. Maybe I am not hallucinating.

I just ignored it, it might be Hannibals outside-wait? Hannibal? I felt nervous because of my thoughts. Y/n you are scaring yourself, wtf!

"Hey, could you hear those footsteps?" I whispered and looked at the entrance of the cave. There was nothing but darkness. They didn't answer my question, they might be asleep.

Inside the cave, there's also no light. That's why darkness surrounds us. I am not afraid of the dark but sometimes I do whenever I hear something strange. My mind sometimes plays tricks on me that almost made me just want to switch minds with others.

The footsteps are getting close, sounds like they are getting aware that something bad might happen to them. Before entering this forest, I thought that this would be a unique one but it was something negative.

We looked like we were on the film that is soon to be produced by the director. I am almost at my limits of strength and hope but I am working on it to expand.

Oh mighty father, please give us strength and wisdom to be able to fight this. I am leaving everything to you, please help us.

I am not sleeping because I might wake up in heaven and not on earth. I am just afraid that I might leave this world sooner at this young age. I am still young enough but why does it feel like I am an adult who is aged 90.

The footsteps are getting closer and closer, if these footsteps were created by Hannibal, all I can say is; Good bye, Earth. Welcome to heaven, self.

I held my gun tightly knowing that there was danger approaching us. This is the real definition of I'm trying to avoid danger but it's the one who stays.

"Are you sure that this is safe?" I heard a trembling voice from someone.

"Maybe, just be prepared. There might be consequences of this action." Someone replied, it's a man. A mature voice of a man.

I am sure that they are not Hannibal, they sound normal like us. But still, we might fight because of this cave or something?

"Hey, be prepared. I think someone is approaching." I whispered and tapped their stomach for easy access.

"Held your guns." I said and stood up. I can hear them yawning before standing up next to me. Are we going to fight in a war or what?

"Why are we standing? I want to sleep." Lianne said in sleepy. I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

I pointed my gun at the direction I was facing and tried to be serious even though I don't know what will happen next.

Oh, I forgot that my gun has no bullet. I took the bullets from my jeans and put them inside the gun and krang it.

I heard a group having a conversation and I decided to test out my gun. The gun fire echoed in the cave that made them silent. Maybe I had interrupted their chats. My bad.