Chapter 28: Exit

Next Day...

It was 9 in the morning when we decided to get up. We are leaving this cave because we need to get out of here. We can't stay here forever and starve ourselves.

"Hey get up." Almia said and tapped Mia's arm to woke her up. Mia get up and rubbed her eyes.

I checked my gun before I krang it. When everyone was ready, all of us get out of the cave. We strengthen our sense and sensibility so that we are aware of everything.

Every move should be careful but fast. We must not awaken the Hannibal groups but if they are going to lead us the way, why not? Joke.

(The forest looks like)

The forest where we are right now is a bit dark

The forest where we are right now is a bit dark. There's a part of the forest where you can find large and alive trees but it's kinda creepy for me because it's almost located at the middle of the forest. This forest is quite large.

"Hey, can you still remember where did we went last time before we got in the cave?" Almia asked Zarin after tapping his arm.

We are stepping on the leaves that had fallen from the trees, some are alive and dead. I want to inhale fresh air from the cities. This experience is giving me a trauma. If I could rewrite the past, I will. We have to move forward in order to exit this forest but I don't think that we could do it in just 1 day.

"I want to see buildings. I already forgot how they look like." Mia murmured.

Zarin, Almia, Mia, and Mariane are holding their knives while Lianne, Alviana and I are holding our guns. It's tiring since we have been holding this for almost an hour.

I have a feeling that I could get out of here alive. The things that you can hear around was our deep breaths and the sounds of decaying woods and leaves. I remember what had Prof. John said,

'Y/n, don't lose your hope. There's possible in impossible but there's no impossible in possible.'

'If you ask for wisdom, he'll give you problems to solve. If you ask for strength, he'll give you task to complete. If you ask for love, he'll give you people to help. That's it, just believe.'

Why do it sounds like he's my father after all? My thoughts were cut off when Alviana patted me.

"Are you telling me that I'm short?" I asked and raised my eyebrows at her.

"No. Look, they are over there while you are still standing here." Alviana said and pointed at Zarin and others who is looking at me right now.

"Oh sorry." I said and walked away from her.

"Thinking about something?" Zarin questioned but I didn't answer instead I tapped his shoulder.

"Mind your own." I said and grinned. I don't want them to know what I am thinking about.

I looked around the forest and stared in awe. Even though this place is creepy, it has at least beauty.

"They called this forest as Reighnel Haunted Forest. I just heard it from Hannibal. I think the owner of this forest has already died." Zarin opened a topic but it didn't boost my interest.

"Oh really? How can you say so?" Lianne asked in excitement. It's a boring topic, I referred to detailed topics.

"If he's alive why did he let people come through his forest then?" Zarin said and raised his left eyebrow.

"Bruh, can't they name a forest without an owner?" I said and looked at him. The group started to chuckle except Zarin.

"Nailed it!" Lianne said after she gets over what I just said. Zarin sighed and rolled his eyes at me.

As we continued to walk, I noticed a strange figure of a girl. She's wearing all black and has long black hair. She's staring at us, looks like she's examining our moves or staring at our souls?

"Hey. Look at at that." I stopped them from walking. I am still staring at the girl's direction.

"Why does she looks like Giselle?" Mariane shared her thought. Yeah, she does look like Giselle. In a blink of an eye, she just dissapeared and no where to found.

Maybe she noticed us looking and talking about her. I wonder if she's really Giselle or not? Maybe a forest-stalker?

"Let's forward." I commanded.

"I can sense another danger, joke." Almia joked that it made me raised my eyebrows at her. Is she predicting something or what?

We are heading to an area of the forest where you can completely see what's inside the forest. The trees barks looks like a skin of an aged people. There are lots of blood stains and veins. The black and brown thorns wrap around the forest, almost like teeth waiting to tear at you. The trees seem to close in, choking out the light and letting the fog roll around like a breath. Around the forest, you can also find dead animals such as birds, creepy mutants, worms and even dirty and musty smells of water.