39

Omniscient Pov
NOT proof READ

" Hey son, you got some mail !" Damien's dad spoke bringing mail the house.

Damien treaded down the stairs already knowing what we expected to be coming in the mail this week.

Once he finally found it he smiled. " Welcome to the University of Oregon"

" What's the smile all about ?" His dad asked interrupting his excitement. 

" Umm I got excepted into the college the other week. If you ever remember me telling you then you would know Oregon is My dream school." Damien shrugged bitterly.

" I remember" His father spat back.

" I told you that if you switched up that route,   the scouts would see that amazing footwork !" He said nodding his head.

" That coach ain't know what he was talking about, making you run that weak ass play." His father scoffed remembering that day.

" Well at least he was helpful instead of always being down my back." Damien mugged his father as he spoke.

" Someone needs to be down your back, that's the way you learn." His father shrugged not paying attention to Damien's clear attitude.

" No , that's the way you rebel."

" Oh so you got that scholarship by going against what I said ?" His father chuckled a little before sitting down in front of his son. 

" Yea , Because you had a shitty way of teaching me. Every time you complained about something and never had anything good to say." damien expressed watching his fathers facial expressions change.

" come with me." his father simply said getting up and walking away

" you just going to forget our conversa- boy , bring your ass." his dad interrupted and he followed directions following him into the basement.

Once they got to the basement, Damien sat on a near by couch as he watched his father mess with the TV.

" yo man, what are you doing ?" Damien asked bored and tired of watching his father struggle with the TV.

" Bluetooth wasn't working , there it go." He said once is computer connected to the TV.

" So since I have a shitty way of teaching, tell me ever bad thing I've said from each of these games." his dad sat back on the couch as well and began to play videos.

" i remember this game, it was my freshman year. You said I was doing lousy and because of that the other team could read my next moves." Damien reminisced and his father just sat back then played the next video.

" How about this one ?" his father asked.

" Sophomore year , You said I kept letting the ball go over my hand and cause the other team to intercept." damien rolled his eyes remembering those games and how much anger they brought him.

" this one ?" his dad asked switching to the next.

" You said I wasn't running fast enough , as if I wanted the other team to tackle me....what's the point of this?" damien asked curious.

" last video." now in this last video was a recent video of damien in his senior year playing.

" See how all them games had something in common with this particular video?....You didn't fucking do it ? and you know why ? because I said something you was just a kid so what coach was going to downplay you ? So that was my job and that what I did!" his father snapped.