7

Saint POV (17)
after school

" Alright boys !" One of the other coaches  yelled then offense and defense broke off on different sides of the field.

He had gave me a spare pair of workout clothes. So , I figured I was gonna be working out or doing stuff with the team today.

" alright so these boys have been practicing and training all summer. So you see our Quarter back broke a few bones doing some dumb shit outside of practice. So , he won't be here for the half of the season." he explained and I nodded.

" We have a replacement quarterback but he's also wide receiver and I want to be able to switch his positions during the game. So , I can see your already capable of performing quarter back but know I need to see what other positions you could play." he explained and I just nodded.

" OFFENSE HUDDLE UP !" he yelled and a whole bunch of dudes came running our way taking they helmets off. It was more black and hispanic boys then I imagined since I ain't see a lot of them in the hallways.

" this is mr.carter , he's gonna be my guest today. I here to test him for the quarter back and wide receiver position." He said and some of the team nodded. Meanwhile other stood like they ain't care.

" Saint , Garret here will be your swapping partner. He's the one with the positions you will be switching with. Half Wide receiver and Quarterback ." He introduced me to this boy and i nodded my head at him even though he held his hand out for me to shake.

" That there is Damien , He's your running back. Half of the plays will consist of him." He threw a deuce up at me but i just repeating my same gesture.

" Alright , boys line up ! let's go through a quick play!" He clapped his hand and the other ran off.

" So this is the play we're about to run! it's call rocket sweep. The running back is going to run behind you and your going to fake pass it to him which is a jet sweep. But instead of passing it to him your going to Rocket it to your Wide receiver who is already down field just waiting on the pass."

I don't know If I should tell him now or later that I already know football IQ or should I let him have his coach/teacher moment.

" you looking like you know what to do , so let's run it boys ! ROCKET SWEEP !" He ran to the side lines while everybody got into position.

" Downnn , Settt , Hut !" I called and the center threw me the ball before we ran the play. It was low key hard cuz these boys fast as hell. I had to back up and juke one of em before I threw da ball.

" alright gentlemen! that's was good." coach said from the sidelines.

" alright run the same play but with saint at wide receiver." He said and I ran over getting ready.

He called it and I ran half way down the field ahead of the other dude since I was faster than him before I caught the ball.

" Good good ! Now we're getting somewhere." coach clapped smiling.

" damn sam where you find this boy at?" one of the offense coaches asked from beside him.

" 2nd period gym class" he said.