15

Saiyor POV (16)

" ROAD TRIP !!" nate yelled once we hit the highway raising his arms. The YEC club got together and since we're on break we decided to go to the beach and do community service but still hang out.

We all decided that driving different cars is stupid so we all bunched up in one van that Garrett's parents bought.

It was about a Hour and a half drive so garret stepped up to drive while damien sat in the passenger seat. D'Neyah , Saint and Miles sat on the row behind them. Meanwhile me , nate and faith sat together on the row behind them. Then behind us was the twins in a seat by themselves.

I don't know how they ended up on the team. I just know everyone enjoys them and they basically act like they apart of the group.

I caught miles give me small looks and glances here and there but I just shrugged them off. The girls plus nate also noticed it and laughed about it with me.

" wassup with that ?" they asked and I just shook my head because it honestly wasn't nothing at this point I saw him genuinely as a friend.

" c'mon you gotta give us more than that gurl." faith said chiming in but I just threw my hands up in defeat laughing.

" we're just good & weird friends." I said laughing and they didn't get the joke so they didn't laugh but nae did that's why she was in front of me giggling.

" what's so funny ?" i heard saint ask her and I scooted up behind his seat.

" nun of yo business , ain't that right nae ?" i said and she rapped me up.

" damn right." she said and he looked at both of us crazy as fuck like....

" man fix yo face" I laughed mushing his face causing all three of us to laugh

" i'm so sleepy" nae yawned laying her head on saint shoulder and I widen my eyes seeing how both of them been getting closer over these past few days.

" getchu twin !!!" i whispered to him smiling with thumbs up but he just smiled shaking his head befoe laying his head on top of her and falling asleep with her.

I looked and seen everybody was sleeping or damn near about to be , Except for Mr. Man himself. I caught him staring but I just smiled to myself a little before leaning up against the window going asleep as well.

—————/—————

" c'mon sai we're here." nate said tapping me. I sat up rubbing my eyes and playing with my face to wake myself up a little more. Once I was good I hopped out of the van.

" Sai look ?" Rai smiled pointing and Instantly I was amazed this my first time coming to the beach , so the view was amazing to me.

" That junk pretty forreal." quan said and I nodded agreeing with him.

Nate started pulling out Caution vests , trash bags and grabber tools.

" Alright the idea and goal is to get as much trash as we can. So would y'all be cool splitting up ?" Faith asked and we all nodded.

" Just in case somebody get lost talk in the walkie Talkie" Nate said passing them out and I'm just thinking....Damn they be spending money forreal.

" Alright let's meet back up in like an hour in a half." He said then everybody started walking off.

" Aye ! Gremlins ! Stay with saint don't walk off from him!" I said and they nodded running behind saint and nae.

" Aye page me if you need me." saint said pointing at me and I nodded walking off by myself.

At first I lowkey felt lonely but then It got peaceful as I listened to the waves. I looked over and watched a family of 6 playing together on the beach. They looked like they was having so much fun and that made me wish....what did I do wrong ?

" you ok saiyor ?" miles asked scaring me but I nodded. He started reaching over towards my face to wipe what a tear I never realized ever fell.

" why you crying , pretty girl ?" he asked and I smiled at the nickname but shook it off.

" c'mon you can talk to me." He said bumping my shoulder a lil bit.

" just thinking about my childhood that's all i'm good , I swea." I said and he watched me still worried but let it go eventually.

After that I got weirdly quiet as hell. " umm , i wanted to apologize about how I been acting recently. You don't deserve that forreal." He said and I nodded kinda not believing.

" don't apologize because you know what i've been through , mean that shit. I meant what I said about not wanting y'all pitty." I said picking up more trash as I talked.

" nawl this overdue and been in my chest since before the day of that meeting." he said something told me i should tone it down with him and let him in but i just hold my guard up still.

" you look real pretty today." He said and I looked at him crazy as hell.

" I look like I'm directing school traffic and you saying I look cute , boy please !" I said and we both started laughing.

" i like your laugh." I complimented and he nodded his head in thanks.

" how about this , we don't do the lovey dovey shit but we be friends , deal ?" He said holding out his pinky. I looked him up and down for a second arguing in my head if I should or not.

" Yea I'm cool with that friend." I said connecting out pinkies smiling.

" i knew you would pretty girl." He said.

" friends don't call each other that." I said and he shuffled his shoulders not caring.

" well this friend is different because the nickname is staying." He ado shrugging.

" ok , we'll that means I can get one for you." I said and he nodded.

" how about tall dude." I said and he mugged the hell outta me making me laugh. Well it technically was accurate because where I stand miles is like a giant compared to me.

" what about handsome face ?" I said and He shook his head smiling. Right then and there I knew that was the perfect nickname.

- heyy yall ! 💋

- feedback ?

- story so far ?
- this chapter?

- saint ?
- d'neyah ?
- nate ?
- saiyor ?
- miles ?
- faith ?

- like , comment & vote 🫶🏽!