9

Sarai POV ( 10)
at school

" Alright my little butterflies ! let's turn and talk in group of 3 for our class project." Mrs.Buckner said and majority of the kids already knew each other. So they had they group except for me and quan.

So we had to move over and make a group with the quiet kid. He ain't lifted his head up since the first day of school so we really ain't know what he looked like.

" Yoo" quan said tapping on his desk and he slowly lifted his head up.

" hey" he wiped his face and took his hood off. Revealing a hispanic boy with tears in his eyes. This whole time I thought he was a shy white boy.

" what's wrong ?" i asked.

" rai he probably don't wanna talk" quan said and I rolled my eyes still trying to see what was wrong with him since the teacher really ain't care.

" no it's ok" he said sitting up and facing us before before talking again.

" I just miss my dad that's all." he sniffled and we both nodded. But lowkey we really didn't know what that felt like. We ain't never been out in this situation when somebody was crying so it was kinda an always silence before one of us said something.

" well if it makes you feel better I think he misses you too." Quan said and I co-signed by nodding.

" no he doesn't because he left...you don't leave people you love and care about." he said then me and sequan looked at each other lowkey feeling what he said.

" well i'm sure that ain't true. Your mom probably loves you just as much" i said and he just shook his head.

" she's gone too" he said and I just sighed.

" well it's ok you a thug without em ! just know you ain't the only one going through that situation so you gotta keep yo head up !" quan smiled patting his back.

Me and sequan both knew to never speak to anybody about our family issues knowing it would lead to trouble.

" thanks , i'm josh" he said holding his hand out and sequan dapped him up instead of shaking it leaving him confused.

" i'm quan and this sarai." quan introduced us both and I waved smiling.

" oh my goodness darling it's so nice to finally see you !!! I like to see all my students faces and thanks to my kind helpers I can finally see yours." Mrs.buckner said putting her hand on me and saint shoulders shaking it.

This gon be a long day.....

Saint POV (17)

" Aye ! Yo new dude !" I heard turning my head curious I seen one of them niggas who play on the team.

" wassup , my name saint tho" would've thought he would've known that since coach said it a few times at practice yesterday.

" yea , my bad. But coach told me to introduce myself personally and create a friendship or sum shit." he said and I just smacked my teeth.