8.8 ] No Pleasantries

••●••

••●••

TURNS OUT, VIKA killing Lincoln slowly was expected, but doing it in a way that I found hot was not on my bucket list. 

To be fair, I have no father, my mum wishes I was straight and hates me - and I've killed and watched numerous people die. So being sort of mentally fucked up and finding comfort in sights like my girlfriend torturing the guy who got her shot? Makes sense. 

We're standing outside of the building - our old work - watching from the outside as red lights still flash from inside the windows. My hair is a little wet and I can feel water trickling down my body underneath my clothes, but nonetheless, I'm not even injured. Elliot and Vika are in the same boat - watching from the outside beside me, just waiting, silently, sort of hoping Margeux and Reign come out unscathed and perhaps shaking Dexter Brown's hand? The fucker hasn't showed up yet, for us at least, so maybe he's already inside with them. 

"I think I need a cigarette." Vika says from beside me. 

"Yeah," I choke out a laugh, "At this point, me too."

"Smoking isn't good for you." Elliot frowns and I'm about to wave him off for being too sensible but I have to do a double take because the motherfucker has a cigarette between his teeth and a lighter in his hand. 

"You-!" I cut myself off and throw myself towards him, reaching up on my feet to try and grab it from him, but all he needs to do is hold it high above his head. Elliot is rarely one for teasing people, but bullying? I never saw that coming. 

"Nuh-uh." He shakes his head, "You'll get lung cancer."

"Me?! What about you?!" I glare, crossing my arms. Others who escaped the building - like receptionists, people who work for Director Hayes in all the matters us assassins don't - have started to watch, and they don't even look disturbed. They look quite relieved actually. Like after possibly watching Reign massacre a bunch of people in his way watching assassins play fight with each other is comforting. 

"I'm immortal." Elliot shrugs in response, "Rich genetics and all that - we're like modern Targaryens." 

"You hate your family." I deadpan. 

He smirks, "'Course I do. Who wouldn't - I mean have you met them?"

"No." I say, "I literally haven't. You and Sasha ran away, we've been over this."

"Might go back one day." Elliot points out, "If not only to get in their good graces and get a good inheritance." 

"That's so twisted, I love you for it." I sigh happily, suddenly not upset with him anymore. 

"Your relationship is both endearing and has hints of BPD in it." Vika raises a brow from beside us. 

"BPD is singular." I retort. 

She looks Elliot and I up and down, "Not in your case..."

"Vika can you gimme a kiss? Just one to sustain myself." I make a grabby motion with my hands as I walk up to her.

"You are such an idiot." She scowls, but she doesn't step back and she doesn't even push me away. Inf act, subconsciously I think, her arms reach out and find their way to my waist as I get closer. She still looks angry though. Mad. I shouldn't like her moods as much as I do. 

"C'mon." I whisper with a grin, "Just one."

"Just one?" She returns, starting to smile slightly. 

"I'll never get how you do that." Elliot says, mainly to me, "There's nothing the rest of us could do to get a smile out of Vika."

"You have to be a hot lesbian for that." Vika shrugs in response, not looking away from me. 

"Okay..." Elliot trails off, "I'm gonna go call Sasha now and see how far away she is."

He turns and walks some distance away, leaving Vika and I alone. I immediately reach forward and kiss her, sliding my hands up her sides before cupping her face and deepening the kiss. She lets out a muffled sort of sound, squeezing harder on my waist and the pressure has me pressing myself closer to her out of want. 

"That was one." She says against my lips, pulling out. She doesn't let go though. 

"Mm, maybe one more..." I lean in again and she chuckles, but we're cut off when the approaching sound of a vehicle's tires skid to a halt on the sidewalk near our building. It's long and black and I already know who's in it. Who decided to show up fashionably late. 

"Is that fucking Dexter Brown?" Vika asks, almost sounding offended. And honestly? Yeah! Me too. What the fuck dude? We were just making out - but also, he's way too late. A lot could have been avoided if he came here on time.

I know we're all meant to fear him, but at this point, I'm sick of fearing some tyrant above me - and we've gone all out today, so we may as well just see how far we push it.

There will be no pleasantries with him. I don't even need to tell Vika or Elliot that. They're too busy glaring alongside me. 

••●••

Odyssey when Dexter Brown:

- Juana.