5.7 ] Traitor Pt 1

••●••

••●••

"WHO SAID SASHA could drive?!" Heather calls out from the back of the car after I run another red light. 

"I did." I respond calmly. 

"I wanna see how long I can go without a seatbelt." Margeux says from directly behind me.

"Nope." Reign leans over and buckles her in. 

"Remember to ask before shooting guys," I say to everyone in the car, "I know we didn't find anything, but I still - personally - don't trust Director Hayes. No offence Reign."

"None taken." He shrugs in my peripheral. 

After some nagging about music, I eventually to some random radio station on. It's either punk music or country music, so I end up just getting Odyssey to hand over her phone (because there is no way we're listening to that).

"Can we get Vietnamese after?" Vika asks.

"No, I want sushi." I shake my head.

"Why can't I pick-"

"You're not shot anymore Vika, I will fight for sushi." I tut. 

"I will get shot again just to prove a point." Vika glares at me through the rear view mirror. 

"Nuh-uh, that's enough." Odyssey shakes her head, shuffling on Vika's lap to send her an angry look. 

"We're here." I say before a war can start in the car. And technically we're not here. I have to find a park far enough away from the location Director Hayes sent us in order to properly complete this mission. But the tension was running thick from arguments about music to food. And I don't like tension unless it's sexual. 

Once I do park, everyone clears out of the car. We open up the boot and start getting loaded. I parked somewhere discreetly - an invisible zone to cameras and with zero pedestrians walking by.

It must look odd though. If someone were to see. A group of eight reassembling guns professionally before stocking up on them with no fumbles at all. We definitely look like we work for Nick Fury. 

"Everyone got their preferred weapons?" I ask, armoured up wth mine. 

"Yeah, but I want more knives." Margeux steps over to me.

I roll my eyes, "Here, take mine."

"It's not like we have to be decked out - there are only five and they probably won't know how to fight." Elliot points out, coming up behind me. 

"Yeah, but it's fun." Margeux frowns.

"Right. Forgot about...that." He uses his hand to gesture at her. 

"You really flatter me Elliot." Margeux says dryly.

"You freak me out."

"Thank you."

"Would kind of feel safer if you were dead."

"Alright, that's too far." Margeux holds up a finger at him.

"I'm not playing around - I would feel safer if you were dead." Elliot nods, no teasing to his tone. 

"Huh." Margeux sounds.

"I want you alive, Price." I pat her shoulder.

"Aww, thank you Nyman." She smiles at me before turning and glaring at Elliot. 

Margeux then proceeds to wrap an arm around my shoulder and smile at Elliot, "I got your girl bitch."

"That's not funny." He glares. 

"Jealous?" I tilt my head at him. He doesn't say anything. She glares at me like a grumpy toddler. It's adorable. And he'd probably kill me for thinking it. 

We all have to inconspicuously hide our weapons on our trip to the traitor's dungeon. It's a small building/office thingy and Heather is in charge of making sure for a good hour the cameras in the building are hacked and turned off. We only have an hour to make sure we can do it. Which is more than enough time. I'd bet money we could do it in, what? Ten minutes? We'd have to rush but it's doable. 

"Windows or back door?" Margeux asks me as we walk up to the building.

"I'm kind of feeling windows." I hum.

"We are not climbing shit today. Back door." Vika knocks me lightly on the back of my head.

"Ow." I frown. 

"If you get to pick sushi, we're getting in through the back door. That's my compromise." Vika crosses her arms.

"Okay I can work with that." I nod. 

"Then hurry. If we're quick we might be able to take the elevator back down." VIka scoffs and walks forward, leading the group towards a back exit we're most likely going to have to pickpocket. 

Everyone follows because it's Vika and Vika is grumpy a lot and she also gave up Vietnamese food tonight meaning she's serious about this. 

"You have to wait," I hear Reign say to Margeux - the two of them behind me now, "You can't just start killing before we know anything."

"Okay, but I'll get to eventually right?" Margeux asks. 

"Maybe." I can imagine the shrug Reign accompanies his words with. 

"If I don't kill anyone here we have to pick up an impromptu case so I can. Like another gang leader or something." She suggests. 

"Yeah, yeah, we'll do that." I can also imagine him rolling his eyes. Reign rolls his eyes a lot. Despite his development with Team X - he's still a rude careless rich boy who really couldn't give a shit.

"Alright, everybody zip it. We're heading in." Vika stops out front the doors before abruptly facing us. "Ready?"

We all nod. 

••●••

Margeux:

- Juana.