6.2 ] Used To Be

••●••

••●••

REIGN ALWAYS ACTED Sasha and I's age even though he was three years older than us. Not in a childish way. Just in a way where he made more sense with us than with others. Then he killed Jeremiah. Didn't tell us why. Left. And he really grew up then. 

Some people still think he's coming back. Those people being Sasha and Heather. A little bit of Keagen. 

Margeux is dead set on forgetting all about him. Me and her never really got along. But lately we've been the only people thinking the same, so I understand it. 

People seem to forget Reign and I were close. Best friends kind of close. He tried setting me up a bunch with Sasha (but I was still in denial at that point). He had my parents leave me alone after they tried to drag me back to them. Overtake their business, smile for the cameras some more.

I will always be grateful to him for that. But I can admit that he's gone, and everyone else here needs to understand it as well. He's not coming back unless someone finds him and drags him back. 

And his dad hasn't been able to. Which means none of us will.

Director Hayes has been...well...quiet. Quiet as in no briefings. Quiet as in always in his office.

I never knew about Reign's relationship with his dad. He knew about mine, but his never came up. I always assumed it was more sensible. An act per se. But now I think Director Hayes really loves him. Because otherwise? He wouldn't jeopardise operations like he is right now. I mean we're talking about the same guy who wanted us to kill a group of innocent Canadians just minding their own business. 

It's only been one day. But things are pretty set. Things are going to be like this for a while now. 

"Enchiladas or tacos?" Sasha asks out loud.

"I don't know." Margeux mutters.

It's just the three of us in their dorm room. Sasha's reading out some gossip magazine on her bed, hanging off it it while I sit on the ground and lean against it. Margeux a good distance away from us. She's sad. Angsty right now. Sasha's trying to cheer her up. 

But this sort of thing only takes time. 

"I mean it's obviously tacos." I say.

"It's not a fact idiot, it's an opinion." Sasha playfully pushes my head. 

"Um, tacos are a fact? Are you an idiot?" I turn to look at her.

She just smiles down at me, "Enchiladas."

"Fuck you, I know that's not how you really feel." I frown. 

"It so is." She nods, holding her chin high. 

"I'm going to go get some water." Margeux says, standing up and leaving the room. She does it so quick Sasha and I don't even have time to say goodbye.