2.1 ] Ex

••●••

••●••

I HAVE DECIDED to take an oath of silence whenever I am around Elliot.

Sure. I might be angry at Margeux given how she handled things - but at the end of the day, it worked, and it made me look good. 

If people in this team have a problem with that? With her and I getting just a little credit for once? They can suck it. 

And that includes Elliot. The moment he thought it was okay to go up against her, he should have known he was going up against me.

So there's nothing he can do to make me forgive him for now - no pretty words with his pretty blond hair - nothing

"Am I the only one weirded out about how Reign and Margeux left?" Odyssey asks to the room. 

"Reign doesn't touch people unless he's hurting them." Heather notes. 

"True," I shrug, "Which is why we should be happy, not upset."

"Why is everyone defending him?" Odyssey asks almost to herself, "Like give me a break, I thought we all felt the same because of-"

"It's not fair," Liam shakes his head, "It's not fair that all of us worked hard to get here - blood, sweat and tears - and this girl can just walk in and take jobs as her own. If any one of us pulled that shit, Hayes would have our arses."

"Would you have come up with framing one of his poker buddies, Liam?" I roll my eyes. 

"So you're cool with this?" Elliot turns to me, speaking to me and acting like he doesn't know I'm upset with him, "You think that this newcomer can come here, get one of the highest roles with zero experience, and take away everyone else's glory?"

"Uh, yeah," I say, "Margeux's cool. And obviously a smart thinker in the moment."

"We're all smart thinkers!" He laughs, "It's literally our jobs! What does she have that we don't?"

"Tits." I shrug. "Most men seem to like her. I said it before - she's like a femme fatale for us." 

"Can't any of you guys do that?" Liam asks, gesturing to the women in the room. 

I sigh, ready to pull this speech again, "I'm awkward with men I don't know, Odyssey can only flirt with women - Vika is scary, Heather is shy, and Margeux is none of the above." 

"I don't know," Heather whispers, "I'd say she's pretty scary." 

"It doesn't matter," Vika's voice - like usual - splits through the room, "She's here. Hayes likes her. Reign likes her - the only way to get rid of her is if you were serious about killing her. And let's be real Liam. Reign has made it obvious you're not going to get to do that."

Then in all her Vika glory, she sits up from her slouched position in her chair, stands, and starts making her way to leave. 

"I'm warning you guys," She says, "Leave her alone. Don't be fucking babies."

And she's gone. Not giving anyone a chance to oppose - not that they would - and leaving the rest of us to dwell in the now hotter room.

"Elliot," I say, "I'm breaking up with you. Grow up when you want to get back together."

He gapes at me, "You can't break up with your friend-"

"I just did!" I smile and skip over to the door, "We're ex-besties now, suck my dick." 

In a different fashion to Vika's cold and brooding one, I leave the room at least with some dignity, and make my way to the dorms, possibly to find Margeux and warn her that some people are out for blood. 

••●••

Turns out Margeux wasn't in our room. Not for another hour at least. I mean, she's an adult, she can do what she wants, but if she was alone with Reign for an hour I need to know what they were doing. 

And still, an hour later, she doesn't tell me. 

"Please?" I plead. 

"We just sat in an open office and waited for everyone to cool down, nothing happened." She defends. 

"Did he tell you his secrets? Did you tell him yours?" I ask, teasing her. 

"Yes," Margeux sighs, "I'm secretly a fairy and he's a prince."

I frown, "Not funny."

"It is."

"It's actually not, like there were zero laughs."

"I laughed."

"No you didn't."

"Haha."

I groan, "I feel like taking back our friendship."

"It's not too late." She shrugs. 

I only groan louder and stuff my face into my hands as she laughs. 

"What about you and Elliot?" She asks, "If you want me to talk about Reign, then I expect there to be talk about Elliot."

"What about him?" I raise a brow, "The fact that we're temporarily not friends right now?"

Margeux simply smiles, "Never mind."

••●••

Sasha lk upset with everyone:

- Juana.