0.9 ] Told You So

••●••

••●••

LAST NIGHT, I figured out how to prove Margeux Price is guilty.

Well, maybe not exactly - but I found enough evidence that could accompany my interrogation skills and help squeeze a confession out of her.

She may be good at acting innocent. But that's because she's been faced with everything she could possibly have researched happening.

No one has access to Team X files and how we interrogate. She couldn't possibly prepare for that. Or even someone like me, who goes outside the border of Team X.

And I plan - after this impromptu meeting with my father - to interrogate her later today.

Walking down the halls and making memorised turns, I find myself out the double doors that lead to my father's office.

He called me here with disdain in his voice.

Which I know must sound like a bad thing - but whenever my father has that tone (especially talking to me) - it means he's admitting he's wrong.

When I open the door, I find myself stopping instead of heading to the next set.

I stop, because there is another person in here.

And not just any person.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

She turns from where she was staring at my father's original painting of the Mona Lisa, revealing her face rather than the long cascading brown hair.

"Admiring this copy." She responds in a hum.

"You." I say instantly, eyes darting into a glare when I recognise her.

"Totally real insurance investigator." She hums back.

"What are you doing here?" I ignore her greeting.

"Why, I was kidnapped. You?"

"What do you mean kidnapped?" I ask.

"Just the definition," She walks over to me with her hands behind her back, "That a paper bag was thrown on my head and taken off once I was in this room."

"...what."

"You and me both dude." She throws her arms in the air as if in defeat.

I notice now that she definitely isn't really dressed for the weather. With a pleated skirt and thin jumper - I understand the whole kidnapping thing might have taken her by surprise.