4.6 ] Operation Baby

••●••

••●••

I DON'T KNOW what to do. I want to leave. I don't trust Hayes - I barely trust Reign - and Margeux has no trust at all. She's just insane. 

And Sasha doesn't want to leave. Which is great. Because I can't leave without her. So now I'm still here, stuck, with people I can't trust.

Sasha and I also kissed. Well I kissed her. And then realised what I was doing, and then she kissed me, and I felt better about it. Then we stopped. And haven't talked since. So perfect. 

"Operation Baby is tomorrow." Odyssey whines heavily, dropping into the seat next to me.

"Tomorrow?" I repeat, "I thought we had like months until that."

Operation Baby is what Team X calls the annual meet up of all parts of this place. Meaning security guards, Team Y, Hayes, and all of the lesser teams as well. We call is Operation Baby because it's...well...beneath us. We feel like we're babysitting everyone else there, and it's basically a massive waste of our time - time we could be putting into other projects we're working on.

Not to mention Team Y gets really competitive for some reason. They think that they can prove themselves better than us and that hopefully they'll become team W or some bullshit. 

Which I guess we should be threatened by, Team Y is one of our closest competitors on the rankings of this place. And I like my current salary. But so long as we have Reign on our team, nepotism works. Hayes wont do anything if it means belittling his own son - not because he loves Reign but because it'll be an insult to his raising. He raised Reign. If Reign weren't on the highest team then that would make him look bad. 

Usually, I'd be pissed off at Reign. Annoyed. Feeling like I should punch his face. But after the Vika incident, I saw a spark of someone who was my friend all those months ago before he turned completely apathetic and killed one of our friends. So with his newfound humanity and the fact that he makes us look better to his dad - Reign is pretty chill. 

"You need to fix your calendar dude." Odyssey shakes her head.

"Can we just go on a stake out then?" I ask, "One that can't be moved."

"He'll know we're lying. He'll check."

"You're right." I groan, dropping my head onto the table, exhausted, probably by myself. 

"We could just sleep during it though," Odyssey sighs, "Pick one of the seats in the theatre at the back and doze off."

"We could pay Keagen or Heather to alert us if anyone is coming as well." I point out.

"Sounds like a plan. Both put in fifty bucks each?" She puts out a hand.

"Deal." I shake it. 

Operation Baby - or what Director Hayes and everyone else calls Check Up Day - is set in a theatre rented out by Hayes and whoever his rich ass works for. We sit in that theatre and we listen to updates from every group, which basically just counts as bragging about all completed missions so far.