0.7 ] Dibs

••●••

••●••

IF GIVEN THE opportunity to piss Reign Hayes off, I will take that opportunity and make labour out of it.

After hearing both Sasha and Reign's point of views on the current Team X case, I definitely don't know what to think.

I do however, know what to do.

Here at Team X we aren't some justice system made to catch silly murderers. In fact, we do a lot of the killing. So if it really was this Margeux girl, and we found proof she did it - what's next? We arrest her for something we were trying to do anyway? No.

We confront her. And we make a proposal.

That's exactly what I tell Director Hayes as he taps his fingers on his wooden table contemplating.

"And you know where to find her?" He asks.

"I do." I nod.

"And you're sure she'd be more of an asset here than a burden?"

"I believe so." I don't. I just want her here and working to piss of Reign.

"Alright," Director Hayes leans back in his chair, "Bring her to me."

I nod and stand, making my way to the door so I can leave, but am stopped by Director Hayes a last time.

"And Odyssey?"

"Yeah?" I hum.

"Don't tell Reign you're doing this."

I reign in my excitement, "Of course."

Not of course. Gladly.

••●••

"He might just kill you." Elliot tells me as we carry our trays to our designated table in the cafeteria.

"Then at least there will be no excuse to arrest him." I mutter.

Elliot laughs and shakes his head before sitting down and scooting over to make room for me.

We usually take one of the tables in the back because no one here really likes us.

The rest of the agents and spies who work under Director Hayes hate Team X. Hate is a strong word and yet it is the correct one to use here.

Team X is basically Director Hayes' little pet project. He doesn't pay attention to everyone else the same way he does to us - and because of that, we come off a lot more able than everyone else here. Put simply, we're the teacher's pets.