3.0 ] Violent Child

••●••

••●••

TO SAY MORALE and overall the mutual mood in Team X has been pretty down since the Canada nuclear situation, would be an understatement. 

Sasha is quiet. Rare. Elliot also quiet. Not as rare. Odyssey and Vika both look tired all the time as well. Vika not even bothered enough to send glares to the people who like to send us all nasty looks in the cafeteria out of jealousy. God - Liam hasn't fucked with me for the longest time. That's like his favourite thing to do. Heather and Keagen - the sweethearts - can't even boost morale with optimism. 

And Reign. He doesn't even pay as much attention to me anymore. Not when I taunt him. Or tease him. Usually I get a reaction. Not anymore. 

The two of us have been called into a meeting with Director Hayes today as well. Usually I'd be having fun with that slice of information knowing I get to annoy Reign. But now it won't be any fun. 

Can everyone just lighten up? Nukes are bad. I know. I get it. I see the whole lack of appeal. But it's England. And the only time they've been at fault for detonating one - was an accident. In Australia. Due to a hurricane. I searched it up to be sure. 

It's not like we're putting them into the hands of America. Or...you know...another specific country. Coming from an American, America is one of the second worst place to be in possession of such a weapon. 

That's all internal. I debated bringing the point up but decided against it. 

So instead, I deal with the lack of entertainment by sitting here. In the waiting room outside Director Hayes' office. The one with the Mona Lisa hung up (The Mona Lisa). And wait. 

I was called here ten minutes ago. And still. Here I am. At this point I may as well just-

"You can come in now." A security guard nods at me. One of the blacks as Odyssey likes to put it. 

I'm still learning that whole colour-code thing this place has going on. It starts with Director Hayes, then the blacks (security guards), then the reds (us), then the blues (Team Y) and everyone else are just greens.

It's taken me a while to get used to the terminology, but hey, at least I know it now. Like I'll ever use it. 

Obeying the black (There. Used it), I step into Director Hayes' office, ignoring the deja vu - and sit down on the spare seat next to Reign who is already in here. 

He's quiet. Like he's been lately. And by the way he looks at the desk in front of him instead of his dad - I can tell there's a wound left open. 

"I need you two to deal with something that has just come up." Hayes instructs, getting right down to business. 

"Why us two?" I ask.

"I picked who I thought would be best suited to this specific job." He answers.